Rant

L.Sherm

Well I've been going to this spot last couple months to shoot long distance since I sold my place and only place I can shoot long distance to 871 yards.
I was literally shocked when I started going there WHAT A PIG STY!!
The last 3 days I've cleaned up 95% of the mess, you name it plywood, targets, tires, propane tank, pallets, beer cans, soda cans etc.
You would think that people in my area would grow up and pick there S$$$ up because this is gonna be the 3rd place there gonna shut down if they don't and I dont know any other place to go thats close to my area to shoot long distance.
About 2 years ago they did shut down a spot almost exactly like this place because of the same this crap everywhere. The kicker is you almost drive right by dumpster as you leave.
I took a pic of the pile of crap to burn I picked up today and it doesn't include the 3 pickup loads I took to the dumpsters.
Would also help if people who did pick there stuff up would take a little extra with them as they leave, like the ole saying goes PACK IT IN PACK IT OUT!!!

Attachments

• 20210922_093106_resized(2).jpg
    20210922_093106_resized(2).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 153
same problem here. how many empty 223 and 9mm you finding from the clip dumping idiots that think there in some video game? they are the biggest culprtis around here.

i dont think our area will last another year from the talks i had with the local and state officials. the worst thing is they all complain but dont do anything to stop the problem. No patrols, No littering tickets, not even a polite talking to the problem people, just we are going to close it down. even the local sherrif cant help he was told it is a state problem not a local problem

Shotgun hulls, pistol casings, 22lr, 223 I suspect from AR's. Litterly makes me sick, 20 lashes wouldn't be good enough for these slobs.
do they shoot holes in the ground everywhere when shooting the shotguns at 10 feet at water bottles?

sounds like they are everywhere.

i tell them all the time they may be old enough to own a gun but your to dumb to own a gun

Yep..on the coast it was ovens, freezers, refridge & tv's....
county rockpit......county just pushes it in a hole..burns it..smashes then buries it....
The little rock pit I shoot at now has all the brass and shot shells on the ground....pieces of wood shot to splinters.....

I have a collapsible saw horse with a 2'x2' piece of plywood that slips onto it for my target stand....works great..liteweight.......pack it in pack it out.......
I've gotten on people about leaving crap...does no good....even a guy with a big fancy truck and a very young son.....he left hundreds of shot shells allover......i even contacted his buddy from school to tell him how much crud he left.....

Overall my club has good people and considerate shooters but ............ there are always the exceptions. Some members (or guests) leave shot-up stuff around or brass all over the place for others to clean up. We are a small club and don't employ anyone. There are only a few volunteers who do 90% of the work. I have suggested, and am willing to chip in for, cameras that record the line and downrange 24/7. Once we identify the problems things will be a bit better.

One place I shoot at looks like a dump and there is so much lead on the east hillside it turned gray. I shoot on the far opposite side into a berm with about 700 yards flat level ground, cleaner area, and I still take other garbage out. It's only a matter of time before this one is lost.
It's only going too get worse we have 100s of thousands if not millions of people flowing across the border of Texas leaving trash dead bodies etc behind you think they will ever care our own citizens of this country has lost respect for the land the only thing I can do is teach and preach too my children grand children and friends too respect and be a good keeper of the land always leave it better than you find it

Sickening no doubt. I assume we all think we have seen the worst. We had a state section on the SE corner of town, wow, is all I can say. Free for all, no accountability. Needless to say, after a building a mile away got hit with a 50 cal bullet, it was shut down.
Now I think the concerted effort is another state section about 10 miles north of town, shooting area a garbage pit. I stopped by one day, some clown thought making a glass table into a target was the thing to do.
Then, around a yr ago or more, 3 cows ended up being shot. I guess when cows impede on the douchebaggery, it is ok to just shoot them.
This is from an area, Gillette, WY where if you want an interstate off ramp, you just cut the fence and use the ditch to get onto a nearby road. Then, when it finally gets shutdown, with threats of fines, jail time, you now turn the said area into your personal landfill, just to show your disdain. I guess then when you drive by it, as it was always part of your existing route, you can look at your trash pile while feeling good about yourself. Even though you failed as a Highway Engineer, your newfound career in Waste Management seems to be rewarding.