• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Rant - Why no pics?

TORCHRIDER

It amazes me that there are such a high number of high dollar rifles for sale on this site with no photos. Don't people realize they will be asked a dozen times for photos via email? You can go to a site like Glocktalk or similar and see photos of a box stock Glock for sale, even though everyone knows what one looks like. What gives? :rolleyes:

I'm computer challenged and I have no problems getting pics up at all, just follow the directions!!!:D

I'm with bigngreen I use photo bucket to upload pics onto any forum. Copy and paste a code and there ya go.

The problem should be addressed and corrected for the members.

Upload images directly - remote hosting not needed

Here you go! :)

Upload images directly - remote hosting not needed

Two months ago we posted the above thread about this improvement in using pictures on LRH. Last month we featured the new method prominently in the LRH Newsletter.

Let us know if you need help working through this new method of uploading images.

I still don't get it. Most sights have "Attachments" in the post to help post pics this site doesn't....a step by step would help, remember some of hunt more than surf the web and are not computer savy.

I agree Torchrider. It just makes so much sense. It makes your ad much more appealing as a seller, and gives you more confidence in what you're buying as a buyer. Instead of having 10 people asking for pics of an item you coulda already had 1 saying "Ill take it", with others being next in line!

Just as badas not posting pics is the POOR descriptions that some people give when they list an ad. For example, A while ago I saw a complete gun listed for sale and guys were wanting certain parts off it if it was gonna be parted out. I was interested in the stainless action. The ad made the gun sound one way, but after a pic was FINALLY posted( after many,many requests!) we all found out that the entire rifle had been painted or duracoated in a camo design. Even after the pic was up the lister still never mentioned anything about the paint. If I woulda bought that action and went thru all the ffl stuff, just to get it and find out it wasnt what I expected I woulda been ****ed. And so would the guy who was wanting the scope that was also camo'd and not mentioned.:rolleyes:

Posting pics are simple. Activate a photobucket acct., download your pics to it., and copy and paste the".img" link to your for sale ad...You're done.

And now it is even simpler here on this site since you can upload them direct.

I still don't get it. Most sights have "Attachments" in the post to help post pics this site doesn't....a step by step would help, remember some of hunt more than surf the web and are not computer savy.

What do you mean? Besides what Len posted on the previous page, this step by step instruction on how to post pictures has always been available ... lightbulblightbulblightbulb

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f22/how-post-picture-25504/

lightbulblightbulblightbulb

Yes there are the one that have no pics but then there are the ones that lack pics and write ups. I love when I see

" rem 700 for sale"

Like its that freeking hard to write something

You are absolutely right,if seller/trader has no pics or can not take the time to accurately describe his/hers product,I just move on,I,m not in the habit nor am I interested in buying/trading a pig in the poke.
I also take barrel condition with a grain of salt,especially when seller/trader states
how accurate said rifle is with HIS SPECIAL HAND LOADS,when I read that,warning flags instantly go up.