Ranges near Colorado Springs???

C

CDA

need a little help finding something with in reasonable distance to N. Colorado Springs.

TIA...

Cda, Last Time I Was In Co Sprgs (back In '94), There Was A Range Up On The Way To Rosemont Resevoir, Gold Camp Road Is The Name Of The Road. The Access, If Memory Serves Me, Is Up Past The Broadmoor And Cheyenne Mtn Zoo. It Was A Public Range (25 Yds Pistol/ 100 Yds Rifle). It Was Really A Simple Affair, You Had To Bring Your Own Bench. The Road Was Also Simple, Pickup Truck Or 4wd Was Needed If It Rained Or Snowed. Road Was Steep And Dirt. You At Ft Carson? They Had A 300yd Personally Owned Weapons Range Out By Gate 20. That's All I Can Recall For Now, Us Old Army Soldiers Need A Nap Every Now And Then.

When I was staioned at Carson, I always went out to dragonman's. Out east of town along Hwy 94, not even 20 minutes from post if traffic was good. I do not remember how long the range is, 200 yards iirc. But you can always rent a Thompson or a M2 while you are out there if you feel like throwing money down range. Pulled this info off the net, the address is good, but not sure about the phone#.

1225 Dragonman Dr.
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80929
(719) 683-2200

If you are looking for true long range stuff, and an actually range with facilities, I think there is one NE of Denver, but requires a membership, and then there is the big one down in Raton, NM. Hope this all helped some.

Jerry

I don't mind driving 30-45 min...an hour if it is a good range.... Hell, memberships don't bother me either.. just some good shooting to 500 even further if I could...

Thax for the info so far.. I'll be checking into it...

Cda, Found Another Range, A Little Further Than You Want, But They Have A 1000 Yd Range. Go To Their Website, W W W . C R C I . O R G . They're Located East Of Denver Off I-70, In Byers.

There's always the range up Rampart Range Road out of Garden of the Gods. During the week it was always empty. On days with low clouds people usually don't go up either, but you're usually above them by the time you reach the range. 20min max from Garden of the Gods.

Lots of bighorn to watch on the way up too.

I don't mind driving 30-45 min...an hour if it is a good range.... Hell, memberships don't bother me either.. just some good shooting to 500 even further if I could...

Thax for the info so far.. I'll be checking into it...

Well, I shoot at a members range down in pueblo west, right at 45 mins from N CO Spgs, we have quite a few rifle ranges from 100yd to 400 meters, also several handgun ranges, a trap range and an archery range. It's called Pueblo West Sportsman's Associtation, and I think last month we still had 6 openings for membership, contact [email protected] if you're interested. They have quite a few competitive events going on every month and such.

Some more great info...

I will get to Raton once I get this load dialed in.

Brian, Do you have more info? Directions, rage distance? Public or private?

Devildoc, many thanks I will shoot a e-mail!

Metau, I'll check it out! Is it public or private?

Last edited by a moderator:
CDA
The CRCI.org site is the Colorado Rifle Club. It is a private membership shooting range and is one of the best in the state of Colorado. I have been a member for the last 7 years. Pistol, Small Bore, Schuetzen, long range 1000 and the 500 meter Silhouette range are just a few of the shooting ranges.
There are sometimes shooting Tournaments going on that can also cause confilcts with personel shooting time.

I have heard of the shooting range, Ben Lomond Gun Club, but know nothing about the facility.

If you are a NRA member Raton NM has the Whittington Center and it has very good shooting facilities.

Find some good public land and set up a target pad and laser your own range works pretty good also.

Also the suggestion for the dragonman is probably one of your closer bets.

1225 Dragonman Dr.
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80929
(719) 683-2200

Also check the colorado department of wildlife website some where on the site they list some private and public shootings ranges

Oh that reminds me there is the golden gun club near Watkins Colorado, also they are a private club but are open to the public for a fee during hunting seasons for site in Golden Gun Club - Denver's Premier Shooting Facility

Last edited:
Royal Gorge Gun Club in Canon City, a scant 35 min from you, has great ranges to 1300 yards. 50.00 a yr or a really low 350.00 for life. I'll get my life next year. They have a website you can Google.

Pueblo West Sportsmans also has up to nice ranges to 500 yards I hear, again 35 min from you, but the wait list is long to get a membership and the process is totally FUBAR, IMHO.

Good luck.

Wow, I didn't know about that one silver, I thought the nearest 1000yd range was up east of Denver. I'll have to go check em' out.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.