Rangefinder.

HighLander

Just wanted to pass on information regarding a great rangefinder. I just got a Newcon 1200 and it works great! And the best part is it actually costs less than the competition. Why pay more? Give it a look see!

So you got yours to work, i got mine last week and they dont work. My lica 1200 work sometimes, the Newcons stop reading after 600 yds. The old bushnells i have out read all of them. WE tried the newcons in all conditions and no reading. The Licas i dont care for and they work better.
Just my comments,
Dave

A follow up with the Newcon ranging binocs, sent back to Midway and they tested them and the others they had in stock, none of which worked as stated. Money was refunded.

Black Diamond if you have a lica 1200 and your Bushnell out reads them there must be somthing wrong with the Lica.

stuart
Somtimes when conditions are perfect the lica will work, the old bushnell will read in all conditions, not always out past 1000. The lica will read farther than the bushnell as it is a original 600. I guess the class 1 lasers are just not strong enough for all conditions.

Thanks for sharing! My Newcon won't read much past 800 yards or so in bright conditions and usually it is in the 600-700 range, which is fine for my applications and not for others. I will put it to max. use this fall and if it doesn't do the trick, I know MidWay will always make it right, which sounds like they did already. It sure is frustrating when spending that kind of money and have the things work only half way. Good Luck!

sounds like my experience. I used bushnell for a few years and not being able to get ranges when it counted has cost me some game. I now have the leica 1200 and it is like a total differant ball game.
wink.gif
smile.gif

my leica 800 outread a bushnell side by side picking up a stone pile at 830yds. that was (1)shade and (2)morning sun at my 2 o clock--the leica picked up both times but the bushnell 1000 did neither. just my experience.

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.