Rangefinder REVIEW - NEWCON 2000Pro - Monocular

Thanks for the equipment review on this product! Sounds like the display is similar to the Bushnell Elite 1500 in that it's difficult to read in low light and on dark backgrounds. But you're ranging distances that only the Swarovski can range at almost 1/2 the cost of the Swarovski. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif The only remaining issue I wonder about can only be answered over time... how durable and how long will the unit survive and operate under normal hunter usage? Im about ready to give the benefit of the doubt to the Newcon 2000 Pro. I'll keep checking this thread and see if others provide additional feedback based on their experiences. I'll try to check these units out at Shot Show, but only in-the-field testing will provide the ranging capabilities.

Thanks again.

Yes, it's true, just the real condition of hunting, heavely usage can told you how good this product can be.
THe ideea is Newcon is building military equipment, so they suppouse to be very well built.
Shock, and extreme usage condition (temperature, usage).
In Feb - April I will go out again hunting (coyotes, black bear) and then I can try the unit in real situation.
You too guys can check and chat with Jon A (member of this site) about his Newcon 3000, because he had one for quite a while.

But over all on this money ($487.00 USD) and his performances, the unit it is far the best in his class.
I did not ever expect to be the same or better then a Leica 1200, but my test shows his abillity to range beyound his maximum powers, and to be equal in performances with a Leica Geovid 15x56 binocular rangefinder.
Maybe in 1-2 years I will never be able to shoot at that distance (past 1500 yards), but I prefer to be overpower then less, because in real hunting situation, when the condition are different, sometime you will need a god rangefinder to trust in.
Of course you will need to have with you all the time a MildotMAster for backup in case of unit or battery failure.

You know here in Canada, we can not hunt in the dark (night) so even if you have a red display you will never shoot. The legal time is 30 minute before sunrise and 30 minute past sunset, your local hunting location.

My friend had this leica geovid unit and he can range the animal in very low lite, but all this are for nothing, because the regulation.
Of course it was nice to have this option, but I think the guys from Newcon will think about it.

Thank you again, and HAPPY NEW YEAR all of you who makes this site a great resource for newbies, novice, and advanced LRH.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the equipment review on this product! Sounds like the display is similar to the Bushnell Elite 1500 in that it's difficult to read in low light and on dark backgrounds. But you're ranging distances that only the Swarovski can range at almost 1/2 the cost of the Swarovski. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif The only remaining issue I wonder about can only be answered over time... how durable and how long will the unit survive and operate under normal hunter usage? Im about ready to give the benefit of the doubt to the Newcon 2000 Pro. I'll keep checking this thread and see if others provide additional feedback based on their experiences. I'll try to check these units out at Shot Show, but only in-the-field testing will provide the ranging capabilities.

Thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad it's working so well for you, Cris. It's nice to know you don't need to cough up the money for a 2500 or 3000 yd model to have really good performance.

On the display issue, my first 7X50's were the same. You're right in that it's rarely a problem during legal hunting hours, mainly just when you're playing with them in the dark. However many of their models have automatic backlighting. My 7X40 and 3000 Pro have it and it completely takes care of the problem. I don't think it's as "nice" as an andjustable LED display, but it's functional and will get the job done easily in pure blackness. Just something to keep in mind for those shopping the different models.

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the best place to look at prices and specs on these?

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,
The best price you can get at www.adorama.com
$487.00usd
and the Technical Specification i will recomand you to go direct to Newcon web site: www.newcon-optik.com
or contact direct the technician from newcon on 1800 numbers.

Cris

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts