Rangefinder Recommendation

I recently had the opportunity to demo a new model Bushnell range finder at a long range shooting school in Montana. Bushnell Nitro 1800 Laser ( MSRP $350.00).
I have not been a huge Bushnell fan in the past but was very impressed with this new rangefinder. Very easy to use. Very fast and very accurate. Lots of functionality. We used it it for 3 days of shooting out to 1,400 yards. I came away a believer. I will be ordering one very soon.

CON: It does have an APP if you want to use it - APP has 2 options. Basic and advanced. Basic is like $29 and covers out to 900 yards. Advanced is $49 and covers out to 1,800 yards.
Irritating that you buy a company's product and then they ding you more money for the APP. Guess they could roll the cost into the product and raise the price but I don't like that option either.
You can use the rangefinder just fine WITHOUT the APP.

Attachments

• 06A66CF5-54E0-41AE-8043-AF37DFF128C9.jpeg
    06A66CF5-54E0-41AE-8043-AF37DFF128C9.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 8
Sig 5K. Around $700 , I own one and can vouch for it. Check it out.
If you don't need shooting solution then without a doubt a Maven RF1 is the way to go. $450.00 and it will out range anything in the $1000.00 price range. I'm currently using a sig 2400 and I have a hard time ranging anything over 1000 yards that isn't big and reflective.

It's probably outside your sub 1000 dollar budget, although you might find one on sale or used, but I LOVE my Vortex Fury 10X binos/rangefinder. fast, clear optics, with range at the touch of a button with no fumbling for a second device. You can constantly scan ranges too which I find helpful for training your eye to guess ranges on the fly.
I know there is better glass out there, but I feel like these are hard to beat. Just a few days ago, I spotted a bull elk on a hill about 4 miles away from me with them! (To be fair, I had to get out bigger glass to verify what it was, but the point is the Vortex is clear enough to pick out an animal from terrain at pretty long distances and under less than ideal lighting conditions.)
You can have the rangefinder give you angle compensated range or true range, which is important, I believe.
Pair it with a Badlands silent bino chest harness and glassing/ranging all day is quick and easy.
I personally fell like the extra money is worth it to only have to worry about one optic instead of a pair of binos and a separate range finder.