Rangefinder Recommendation

GA Sheephunter

Looking for something to determine range (including angle) within 1000 yards for hunting. Self-imposed max shots of 500 yds. Have my eye on the Leica 1600, but am open to suggestions.

Thinking sub $1,000 on budget

I am not historically a dialer, so not sure I have use for apps and calculators and other such gizmos and gadgets. I use the Swaro BRH reticle and once I get a range, I use the appropriate hash mark. Not saying it's the best system, but it is simple and has worked for me.

Just got some NL Pure 12x42, so not interested in a RF Bino. Just want a stand along RF to go with it.

Thanks for any specific recommendations and why it is a good choice

The Leica 1600B does not give a true shooting solution, as you cannot input your actual load data. Just an approximation. So, you need a separate app to give you accurate shooting solutions.

For your price range, I would be on the lookout for a G7 BR2 gen 2 or BR2500. If you are really lucky, a Revic BR4 is a fantastic choice. Just got back from a NM pronghorn hunt, and rangingbout in those flats is hard at best. My new Revic BR4 worked outstanding. I could not be happier with the performance. You can save up to 10 profiles for 10 different rifles. Changing between rifle profiles takes about 5 seconds. Battery life is poor compared to others however. My old Leice 1600B would last a year or two. My G7 BR2 lasts a 6 months to a year. My new Revic BR4 lasts a month or two with a lot of use.

A Sig Kilo 2400 would be a good choice as well. Ibhave not played with them as much, but I know some guys that have them, and the higher end models.

I have the Leica 2800 and wouldn't trade it for anything. Ebay is $750. I am the same way, just give me a number and I'll dial it in. More than what you are doing but they're awesome. I've used em from 20 yards to a mile and always gives me a good number.

Now a days you have plenty of options.

Sig 2400
Leupold rx2800
Vortex viper
Vortex fury
Revic BR4
Athlon 1 mile
Etc

Personally I think the a few of the Leicas I've tried are just meh compared to what else is out there.

This random list is off the top of my head with a varying price range, and a few have options for ballistics output depending on model. I mean if you want a "premium " rangefinder, get a vectronix or newcon.

Now a days you have plenty of options.

Sig 2400
Leupold rx2800
Vortex viper
Vortex fury
Revic BR4
Athlon 1 mile
Etc

Personally I think the a few of the Leicas I've tried are just meh compared to what else is out there.

This random list is off the top of my head with a varying price range, and a few have options for ballistics output depending on model. I mean if you want a "premium " rangefinder, get a vectronix or newcon.
Do all of these compensate for angle?

I have the Leica 2800 and wouldn't trade it for anything. Ebay is $750. I am the same way, just give me a number and I'll dial it in. More than what you are doing but they're awesome. I've used em from 20 yards to a mile and always gives me a good number.
Does the 2800 compensate for angle?