Rangefinder question

mike33

What would be a descent buy for the money on a rangefinder. Looking at the bushnell 1500 elite how does it rate and will it compensate for slope. Something i won't be using a lot and don't care to spend the big bucks on.
Mike

I had a nikon buckmaster 800 for about 10 years. I just purchased a Leica crf 1200. I honestly think that the newer Nikon 1200 monarch is one of the best buys out there. THey are pretty comparable to the Bushnell 1500 imo --> the glass on both models will be dimn and not as clear as the Leica or swaro. But they have pretty good ranging ability.

i was in the same boat as you. Just wanted an inexpensive rangefinder that had good ranging ability. I ended up buying the bushnell 1500 with arc. the glass isnt amazing by any means but ranging ability is awesome. farthest i have hid it range was 1710 in perfect conditions on a tree. on deer its about 750-800 max range.

The Bushnell 1500 Arc that I used would only range out to about 900 yds. There are evidently some good ones that will range farther. But no guarantee the one you get will range those farther distances. If you're happy ranging to ~700 yds, the one I had would do that most of the time. The Leica 1200 Scan model I had would outrange my Bushnell 1500 Arc. The Swaro that I now use will easily outrange them both - almost always ranging out to 1300 yds and many times out to more than 1500 yd targets.

I had a Loopie RX4 side by side on the w/e in the field with my CRF900
The image is SOOOO much brighter and better field of view on the Leica.
Leica went out to 999yds (the extent of the 3 didget display), RX4 maxed @ 750ish.
All the crap in the display is off putting in the RX4 IMO

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.