Rangefinder input

Look at the Sigs for that price point. Been impressed with them, what little I've got to play with them.
^^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^^
I have owned a Sig Kilo BDX 2200 and have been VERY happy with it Ranged all kinds of stuff and it has worked very well indeed and is well within your budget. Best thing you can and essentially must do is go to a store and try out a bunch to see how well they work on smaller objects at longer ranges, especially objects that have a minimal reflective surface like a deer or elk would. Most of todays $300 and above LRF will range large objects quite well it's smaller less reflective targets that you need to try to give you the best indications on how well they well serve you.
I know my Kilo 2200 BDX will range a small evergreen by small I mean 2.5'x2.5' out past 1k yards. A large reflective object like a light colored vehicle out to 2k yards.

Clean the lense were your laser is i had my Leica I thought was giving me problems I was just about to send it in when after I cleaned the dusty lense it worked fine,
worth a try.

+1 Leica 2800.com. Less beam divergence than Sig 2400. The latest firmware update has improved connectivity to Kestral 5700.
One tip if you purchase the Leica..... don't wrap lanyard around unit and store in soft case. It compresses the top buttons and kills the battery. I've done it several times :/

So does the 2800.com show the angle compensated distance? I honestly don't need to know hold over or whatnot. I will mainly use it for bowhunting and deer/elk/antelope hunting. Most the time I wont take a shot further than 450. No need to shoot past that far. Its hunting not shooting.

So does the 2800.com show the angle compensated distance? I honestly don't need to know hold over or whatnot. I will mainly use it for bowhunting and deer/elk/antelope hunting. Most the time I wont take a shot further than 450. No need to shoot past that far. Its hunting not shooting.

Then all you need is what @idcwby posted in #18 or the link I provided in #15.

Last time I looked this site was LONG RANGE HUNTING

Last time I looked this site was LONG RANGE HUNTING
Thats fine and dandy, but I guess I prefer to sneak in and get as close to my quarry as possible to reduce the risk of any sort of misplaced shot cause the critter took a half a step. I guess you can use these forums for more than one purpose. I sure gather much more knowledge from this site on many topics aside from LONG RANGE HUNTING. FYI thanks for your informative feedback. Move along.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.