Rangefinder binos vs hand held Rangefinder

I've debated this for several years. Ultimately, I chose to carry Leica rangefinder so as to get top performance out of my binos (EL 12x50). I spend lots of time glassing and use the RF a few times a trip when rifle hunting. Same set up bowhunting but use EL 8.5x42.

Yes they're the new victory rf 10x42, I may have to send em in. They do okay, but last 1200y or so they just have a hard time picking up the beam. If I run em on the outdoorsman tripod mount they do a little better. I do feel the kilo 2400abs has better long distance lrf performance. The glass in the binos is amazing tho.
I would send them in, I have not had issues like you are, with mine.

A lot boils down to your budget. I am running a Leupold rx2800 rangefinder with on old pair (long discontinued) of Stiener Nightstalker binos. My new rangefinder I find to range better than my buddies Geovids or a guys Swarvorski rangefinder binos I was around. No experience with any of the other rangefinder binos other than years ago with a pair of Bushnells (rangefinder worked great, tops for the tech available at the time, but glass sucked!).
Rangefinder tech is changing fairly quickly, quality glass is a much more mature tech and doesn't change all that quickly. So you can buy you a very good pair of binos for $1000 or under and use them for years without upgrading, and a very good rangefinder for under $500 and spend less than half the price of a set of Geovids or Swaro rf binos. You can upgrade the rangefinder several times as the tech advances over the years, if you feel the need, before you reach the price of set of Geovids, which we undoubtedly be outdated also.
If you have the budget and must of the best and most convenient, the top end rf binos are undoubtedly handier, and you can either be satisfied with them and continue to use them for many years without upgrading, or if you do upgrade you can usually find someone with a limited budget who will be happy to buy a one generation outdated set at a significant discount. But if you are going to upgrade regularly the rf binos will be an ongoing moneysink.
Figure your budget and what you are willing to spend for convenience and then decide.

Depending on application, the RF bino is going to be beneficial. If you are hunting large game and generally have time to spot with the binos, grab the rangefinder and range , no worries. If you are hunting coyotes, and have an animal that is coming to you, and has a bit more situational awareness than a deer or elk, you are going to benefit from being able to track and range at the same time, with minimal movement.

The ".com" Leica LRF and Binos will pair with a Kestrel with Link and AB. It is cool too. I finally got my 2800.com and Kestrel together. They dated for awhile, but now are happily married.

What have you guys found works best for rifle hunting? What about bow? Rangefinder or Range Binos?
I love my range finding binos. Takes one step out of the equation after initial spot. When you see something,push range button and get data without picking up a range finder, the setup your shot. Have both but the rf bino is much faster.

For what its worth, this is my experience. I started out with binoculars, handheld range finder and spotting scope. Then switched to the Leica Geovids and spotting scope to eliminate 1 piece of equipment. Problem was my buddies using 15x binos would find all the game way before me with the 10x and spotter. Now I am running the 15x binos and Leica handheld ??? .com I really think it depends on how how far most shots will be. Big country vs tighter is what makes my decision on what to take.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.