Rangefinder’s inclinations/declinations

RH300UM

Is there a comprehensive list of rangefinders that state the maximum inclination/declination in degrees that the unit will correct for?
I've contacted a few manufacturers with no replies so far. Thought I would ask here to see if it's a possibility.
This begs the question "why don't manufacturers state this in the specifications"?

What do you mean by "will correct for"?
Target is 875 yards
Incline is 12 degrees
Bullet will impact high if the inclination is not corrected for.
So my question is what are the maximums in degrees that range finders will correct that factor for that have angle compensation?
15 degrees? 20 degrees? 40 degrees?
Each rangefinder is different I'm sure but maybe someone knows this info and can share it

Is there a comprehensive list of rangefinders that state the maximum inclination/declination in degrees that the unit will correct for?
I've contacted a few manufacturers with no replies so far. Thought I would ask here to see if it's a possibility.
This begs the question "why don't manufacturers state this in the specifications"?
Target is 875 yards
Incline is 12 degrees
So my question is what are the maximums in degrees that range finders will correct that factor for that have angle compensation?
Each rangefinder is different I'm sure but maybe someone knows this info and can share it
Contact the manufacturer directly; they are the best source for your query.

Target is 875 yards
Incline is 12 degrees

Is this for a rangefinder that has a ballistic app built in or one that is giving you an angle compensated distance?

Could it be perhaps it is +/- 90 degrees. Inclination/Declination is not relevant because its a cosine function. Unless of course my memory fails me, which is more often lately
That would be my WAG too.

1686426946115.png

(https://www.targettamers.com/guides/rangefinder-angle-compensation/#where-to-use-angle-compensation)

Just ran my sig 2400 abs to 85 degree, seemed like I went 90,but just pointing up a tree.Mine has a bow mode but I've never used that feature.Shot game out of trees all my life, and straight down too

Last edited:
The Range Finders with AB Engine (more specifically the Elite engine) do not have a limit. If you can range it, even if its 85 degrees it will calculate it.

Our engine does not simply cosine it out. Our engine accounts for variants in air pressure as you go uphill and downhill and the variants in gravity for uphill vs downhill as well as other things.

Could it be perhaps it is +/- 90 degrees. Inclination/Declination is not relevant because its a cosine function. Unless of course my memory fails me, which is more often lately

The Range Finders with AB Engine (more specifically the Elite engine) do not have a limit. If you can range it, even if its 85 degrees it will calculate it.

Our engine does not simply cosine it out. Our engine accounts for variants in air pressure as you go uphill and downhill and the variants in gravity for uphill vs downhill as well as other things.
I know its more complex than that.