Range Finder question Again

elkstalker300

I'm sorry for bringing this up again but it seems that I have been a good boy this year and might be getting a range finder for XMAS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif anyway I am wanting a fairly good one but cant afford swarvo. Question is

1 Bushnell Elite 1500 ARC
I am leaning toward this one because it has the ARC
feature and as I understand it the Elite model is their
finest, but I have a Yardage Pro 1000 and it is
junk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif of course I found it under a tree in the
mountains 3 years ago, maybe thats why it was there
2 Nikon 1200
No arc feature but seem to better than the bushnell
1500 at distances further than 800 yards

Is the arc feature that nice to have at longer yardages and is the 1500 a good quality range finder????

leica 1200, no bushnell junk. i had two and both are junk. i just got the swarvo i hated to do it but you only live once /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

elkstalker, the ARC feature only goes to 600 yards. For my groundhog hunting that's something I don't need.
Also had the Bushie Yardage Pro 1000 and the Elite 1500 is a better unit.
I posted some info about the Leica 1200Scan and the Elite 1500 (non-ARC) laser aways back at this link: http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/s...true#Post105872
My last post in that thread will give you some info.
If you can, ask the store salesman to bring the Nikon, Leica and Bushie outside the store to make range comparisons. If the store won't do that for you, find another store. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.