ramshot powders

Booney

Base of the Bluemountains aka Gods Country
Ive just been looking at my nosler book and just noticing that a lot of the most accurate loads were a ramshot powder and i was a little surprised. So i just thought i would see who is using these powders with what load and what kind of success. thanks

I'm using 72 gr of Ramshot Magnum under a 150gr Nosler and over a WLRM primer.
At around 3150 fps it's a accurate load.

Last edited:
Cartridge???

Oh Yeah, right. 270 WSM.
I was loading my 270 wsm with H1000 and pretty happy with the load.
Then I tried "Magnum" and was able to obtain 150 more fps with safe pressure and sub moa accuracy.

Also my 7mm RM likes it. But the jury is still out with the best load. I'm thinking a faster powder like Magpro will be better. I'll let you know how it works out.

Initial load development with my 6-284 looks very promising
with Ramshot Magnum.
Very good accuracy at near max loads .
Great combo of velocity and accuracy.
I ve only been able to shoot at 100yds so will stretch
it out soon.

How temp stable are they???

In my experience, not as bad as RL22 and not as good as H4831. My 7mm RM Remmy was 2 1/2" off diagonally at 100 yards. Why diagonally? might have been the wind or maybe just me. Possibly only 1" off POI.

Accurate mag pro is a double base powder with excellent temperature stability.
In my cold weather testing i detected no difference in POI between 70*F and 0*F. I have switched to Magpro in my 7mm because I hunt elk in very cold weather hunting grounds. 168 VLD @ 2998 fps.

Last edited:
300 WBY
165 gr SGK
89 gr Ramshot Magnum
CCI 250 Primer
WBY Brass

This is a very accurate load it easily shoots under .5 MOA consistently i'll look and see what the velocity was!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.