Ramshot Magnum vs 8133

tbrice23

Anyone care to share any experience good or bad, or favorite loads with these powders?
They're fairly(?) close in burn rate 8133 being close to RL33 and Magnum is close to Retumbo but anyway...
Thanks.

I'm of no help at all but want to bring this post back up cause I want to hear more about people's experience with 8133.

I have tried Mag in several cartridges vel. was always fast but accuracy lacking. I load the 8133 in 300 Win Mag with 208 ELD shoots very well

What sort of velocity are you getting with the 8133?

Not sure the cartridge you are using, but I plan on doing load developement with Reloder 26, H-1000, Retumbo, Ramshot Magnum, and IMR 8133 in a .338 Norma with HBN coated 300 Bergers as soon as the smith has it put together, and will write up a detailed thread on all the powders performance for accuracy, consistency and velocity. I'm pretty excited for this one, should be a hammer, and about 11 lbs ready to hunt with a 28" cf barrel.

300 WM is what I would like to try it in. So far I have used H1000, RL 26 and N570.

RL 26 had great velocity but was inconsistent. H1000 was slow and not very good ES for me. N570 has given decent results all around but I can't seem to get my ES and accuracy quite as tight as I think I should be able to with it. I'm also worried about finding more once I run out of what I have. For now and into winter I'm going to continue using N570 and see how stable and consistent it is for me but after that I think I wanna try a load work up with 8133

I've been shooting rl22 in my 300win since Christ was a corporal, but I only use mid weight bullets (165's at present). At one time I was using Magnum (when they called it Big Boy) in my 300 with 190's, but those days are long past now that I have two 300rum rifles. I'd think of i7828 or rl25 with heavies in a 300win if h1000 isn't floating your boat.

Anyone know how much you can stuff in a 300win case to the neck shoulder junction? Just pouring it in, no drop tube.

I'm in the beginning stages of testing 8133 in my 338 rum with 300gr smk. The book load tops at 96gr I think, but I ran into very stiff bolt at 92gr. I stepped back am starting the next ladder a fair amount lowet. No chrono data on the first set. Rifle is a custom with 28in 9.3 twist barrel.

Testing RL33 now in several rifles! Looks promising
I'll update with details and results when I'm done

I'm liking the Ramshot Magnum in my .30-338. I've got 200 gr Hornady ELDX's going 3100 fps. I was shooting R-22 with the 190 Bergers but too much pressure, and temperature sensitive. I'd throw a primer once in a while. Both loads shoot under 1/2". You can really pack that stuff in a case. It's like sand.

It's all I use in magnums. Accuracy has always been stellar for me. You can get about 81grs in a 300wm to the neck. Barnes tested it as did I for temp stability and only h1000 beat it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.