RAMSHOT LRT POWDER

I got quite a bit of LRT recently, since it was available and affordable. Going to try it in a 28N and a 6.5 RPM.

Been playing with LRT in my 28" barrel 33XC. Getting 3030 fps with a 300 grain Berger and 123 grains of powder. Think I'm staying there in powder, seems to shoot best.
There sure is alot of powder difference from the Edge to the Xc ..I would have never thought that much . Hmm

Rum Man

What do you get for case volume on that beast? I have a 338 Rogue that I am starting to work on.
The case is supposed to be at or just shy of 140 gr H2O and close to 130 gr usable powder capacity. The LRT has good case fill in the 33XC but I have some H50BMG and RL50 I can try as well. I think the 33XC is close to the bore ratio of my .375 Snipetac and those two slower powders work well in it. May have to try the LRT in the .375 with some 350 grain Matchkings.

There sure is alot of powder difference from the Edge to the Xc ..I would have never thought that much . Hmm

Rum Man
The XC bridges the gap between the .338 Edge/Lapua and the Cheytac. The Edge has somewhere around 116 gr H2O capacity and the Cheytac is close to 150 gr. A Lapua Improved case like Shawn Carlock's Terminator would be nipping at the XC's heals with 125 gr H2O.

Shot a few today out of a 28 Nosler, 180 Berger Hybrids. Started at 87.0, went up to 90.5. No pressure signs. 89.5 Shot this group, 90.0 wasn't much bigger. Next step, take it out to 300 and see if they hold.

1x75R9Zb.jpg

I am having a 338 378 built at the moment . just got 8 pounds of LRT The guy that's building it usually uses reloader 33 in the guns he builds just wanted to see if LRT was going to work

I
I got quite a bit of LRT recently, since it was available and affordable. Going to try it in a 28N and a 6.5 RPM.
i didn't buy a lot of LRT, bought 4 pounds but traded 2 pounds off for N165. I may buy a few more pounds. My guess once we get more data it will get more popular. I bet it will shot in 257 Wby. I just need to load up a test batch and head to the range.