RAMSHOT LRT POWDER

7RUM data today. 102.5 Grains of LRT in once fired adg brass produced 2" groups at 300 yards. For that rifle, I don't expect a lot better. 3500 FPS with a 20' spread.
Groups were 2" vertical x 1" horizontal

Nice! Man that's a lot of powder. Probably a good combination considering LRT is pretty reasonable. If memory serves, it was an except able temp powder. Somewhere I found it's expected rate, might have been on westerns site. Might be worth a try to see if it reflects the same in your cartridge

I just read this whole tread, and now I want to try some in my 7 STW with 175gr or 180gr. Does anyone know where I can find a safe starting load? Thank you.

I just read this whole tread, and now I want to try some in my 7 STW with 175gr or 180gr. Does anyone know where I can find a safe starting load? Thank you.
I bet the 28 Nosler load data will get you super close?
4FE803F2-8CF7-4EA1-983C-EBF8E8353D75.png

Should work well in moderate climates. Nice slow burn rate but its a spherical ball powder. Will have some temp sensitivity at extremes

See the post on this page w burn rates.

"Finally got an 80F day on the range today, and 89gn of LRT, CCI-250, Peterson 28Nosler, 195 EOL, is pretty sticky on the bolt lift

I was going to use the high velocity node in my 27" barrel, but I think may have time to re-test, and back it back down to the 87-87.4 node?!

Previous testing in 43-50F weather, ES/SD were good & stable. It didn't go RL26 atomic device, but for sure at MAX, at 80F." Some of my recent results.

Recent Posts