RAMSHOT LRT POWDER

With Retumbo sold out everywhere I decided to look into Ramshot Magnum for a working a 300 PRC load for my Bergara HMR 26" 1:9 and was intrigued by Western's published data on LRT for the 300 PRC.

They are showing a max load of 87.7 pushing a 225 gr ELD-M at 2,902 in a 24" 1:8.5

I have some ordered to work up, but the numbers from Western's data on this load look attractive and the price doesn't hurt as long as I can work up an accurate load.

Just seeing this Ramshot LRT powder information now. Anybody have any additional first-hand experience on burn rate?

I HAVE to use spherical/ball powder in my 25 RUM to prevent powder bridging. Kirby Allen used to like and recommend H870 (no longer manufactured) in his .257 Allen Magnum. Western Powder's web site says LRT is similar to Retumbo, and they say Retumbo is similar to H870. So it sounds like my best ball powder option in this grossly overbore 1/4 bore cartridge.

Time for further internet research on LRT burn rate information...
I really loved 870 in my 300 Weatherby good velocity and small groups

With Retumbo sold out everywhere I decided to look into Ramshot Magnum for a working a 300 PRC load for my Bergara HMR 26" 1:9 and was intrigued by Western's published data on LRT for the 300 PRC.

They are showing a max load of 87.7 pushing a 225 gr ELD-M at 2,902 in a 24" 1:8.5

I have some ordered to work up, but the numbers from Western's data on this load look attractive and the price doesn't hurt as long as I can work up an accurate load.
How do you look me the 300 PRC in the Bergara HMR? I have a 6.5 Creed and purchased a 7mm Rem Mag for the Grandson in the Bergara B14 HMR and really like the guns, very accurate out of the box. I am looking at getting the 300 PRC in a Bergara HMR Ridgeback next year.

How do you look me the 300 PRC in the Bergara HMR? I have a 6.5 Creed and purchased a 7mm Rem Mag for the Grandson in the Bergara B14 HMR and really like the guns, very accurate out of the box. I am looking at getting the 300 PRC in a Bergara HMR Ridgeback next year.

I'm really enjoying it. It shoots well with the Hornady 225gr ELD-M factory loads. I would have considered going with the premier for the upgraded bolt and receiver.

I am in process of working up a handload with Ramshot LRT mostly to save on per round cost as long as I can meet or exceed factory load accuracy.

CED7A7D2-96EC-47B9-BEB3-4028A90A8DBA.jpeg