Ramshot LRT Powder Info

quigley257

I have been noticing this powder in stock somewhat frequently as of late. Curious what kind of results people have had with it as the limited online info has been mostly positive. The velocities and SDs look superb. I'm particularly looking for input from anyone that has used it in 300 PRC with the heavy 240-250 class bullets. I have a 28" 1/8 twist, 20lb monster that I am currently doing barrel break-in for. I also have a build coming up in 338 Lapua Rogue that looks like it might be a good candidate for this powder.

Can't help with the PRC. I just started playing with it in a .338 that should have a bit more case capacity than your Lapua Imp. It may be a bit fast burning for me, but maybe not for you. I have to find a decent load pretty quick and am really busy at work. Keep in touch or I'll forget about this thread.

Hi
I can't help with your specific cartridge but can comment on the Ramshot brand. As the powders are made in Belgium and 'reach' compliant they are readily available and popular in UK. They are excellent powders. I used 'TAC' in my .308 with great success. My mate uses 'Magnum' in his .300 ultramag with impressive results.
I would not hesitate to use any of them.

Hi
I can't help with your specific cartridge but can comment on the Ramshot brand. As the powders are made in Belgium and 'reach' compliant they are readily available and popular in UK. They are excellent powders. I used 'TAC' in my .308 with great success. My mate uses 'Magnum' in his .300 ultramag with impressive results.
I would not hesitate to use any of them.

Thanks! I appreciate your reply. I have seen lots of posts with positive comments om Ramshot brand and for LRT with 338 Lapua, but I haven't seen 338 Norma Magnum recipes on their website or in my reloading manuals, so I guess I'll use the burn rate charts and several of the loads I've found online and start low and go up... I get to finally put into practice the stuff I've been reading on this forum for years.

Hi.
Have you tried contacting Ramshot? They are very helpfull and may point you in the right direction.

Hi
Failing that you could ask for someone who knows what they are doing to find you some start loads using something like 'quickload'.

I use LRT in my 6.5x300 win mag improved. Very accurate and low ES. In this gun it tracks the same as US869 if that helps any.
I want to try some in my 26 Nosler, any info on temp stability? I assume it'll be close to RS Magnum which is ok, just not quite as good as the Hodgdon Extremes

I want to try some in my 26 Nosler, any info on temp stability? I assume it'll be close to RS Magnum which is ok, just not quite as good as the Hodgdon Extremes
I don,t have any experience testing for temp stability but Steve at hammer says it is much better than US869.