Rampro actions

BountyHunter

Just spoke with Brad Stair who bought out Rampro actions when they folded. He is planning on bringing full production online in next 30-45 days with the a mini action, xp-100 size, Rem 40-x size and most importantly a larger 40x version that will take the 408 chey tac as he is playing with one. Cost on true custom 40x size is anticipated to be $750 with 2 piece pinned bolt and sako extractor. Not bad price for a true custom action, fits 700 accessories, bases and Remington triggers. Keep eye out for announcement.

BH

[ 07-30-2003: Message edited by: BountyHunter ]

[ 07-30-2003: Message edited by: BountyHunter ]

7-30-03 Update: extra large 408 size action is expected to be magazine capable, Sako type extractor, can eject loaded round and cost $1000 or less (goal) and for sale within 6 months. He is planning on coming onto the forum soon to query interest and criteria for action from LR hunters. Be thinking here on what you want!!

BH

I have interest in rampro actions as I have a 6mm BR from Rampro and it is the best rifle I have worked with in a long time and would like to know someone picked up after they closed. Any info is greately appreciated.
Surveyor3447

New owner of Rampro is Brad Stair

Performance
3621 S. 4700 W
West Haven Utah 84401

(801) 731-8152

He has mini 700 type action, short action now long action just about ready and supermag (408 Chey Tac size) ready in 3 months . check with him on pricing but goal on mini and short was under $750 and under $1000 for super mag.

BH

Thanks I contacted Brad and had a great discussion about his new actions. Do you know anyone who has built anything on one or anyone who has had him to smith a rifle project. I am wanting to build a 22 BR reminginto with a 40 deg. shoulder with a 1in 8 twist for the newer heavy bullets as I feel this will make a great 500 yd rifle. Any sudestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
JWM
cool.gif

I do not know anyone who has built a gun with one of his new actions. However, I also really like what I have seen and heard.

He just did some work for me on the extractor on my old Rampro.

For the 22BR improved suggest you contact Bill Shehane on BR central. Look under advertisors and scopes and click on DB Supply or contact him under BR central member list and send email. He has a 22 BR improved that is a screamer and can give you all the specs and sells the dies. (in stock)

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.