Ramblings and Such From Hunting Coyote

Windypants; what is the barrel length and twist rate? What taper did you have put on the barrel and which stock did you go with? I really like the cammo pattern. There is no doubt that it will shoot well and that it looks great as well.
Here's the build:
Terminus Zeus short action
26" Hart 7 twist rem varmint profile
TI Pro2 brake
TT diamond @ 14 oz.
Hawkins Hunter DBM
McMillan game warden fiberglass, 33% black, medium tan, olive
Maven RS-4 scope w/Hawkins 6 screw rings w/ offset level

I really like this cartridge. It's not a barrel-burner at 2920 fps, but it has the energy and BC for long range. All reports I've seen are that its terminal performance is excellent at any range on deer and antelope. And for coyotes, it's very deadly but doesn't wreck the hides if they're worth anything. I've never had more than a quarter sized exit, even at close range. And it's so easy to shoot and spot my shots with the low recoil. I think I'm going to really enjoy this rifle!

Windpants
Alex sure knows how to build them and it looks like you know how to shoot them.
I'm surprised of the impact of 42.1.
Have you tried any other heavy .25 bullets.

Hal
The first 42.3 group I shot went off the target (tricky winds this morning), but at the same elevation. By the time I loaded and shot this group conditions had changed enough to change the POI that much.

I havent tried any other bullets. Bergers havent disappointed yet.

I was just now watching one of nature's fun little dramas. I haven't been seeing the coyotes at the den site up the valley, but he(?) sure made an appearance when a bear wandered near! The coyote harassed the heck out of him, biting him on the butt every chance he got, until the bear moved away. It was a pretty big black bear, but that little coyote sure put the run on him! I love getting to witness stuff like this!

Berger 135 @ 2920 fps. I didn't chronograph it, but that's what actual drops tell me in my ballistic solver.
Copy. I've been shooting the 133's at 2890 in a 25x47. I have had 7 coyotes run off on me with what I felt like where good hits on the center line behind the shoulder. I'll have to try the 135's.

Funny- my 25x47 is a clone to my 30-28. Great minds think alike.

Copy. I've been shooting the 133's at 2890 in a 25x47. I have had 7 coyotes run off on me with what I felt like where good hits on the center line behind the shoulder. I'll have to try the 135's.

Funny- my 25x47 is a clone to my 30-28. Great minds think alike.
I've only had one run with the 135's, but only about 75 yards. It was centered through the lungs and just penciled through. After that I've been checking to make sure tips are open and always get a quarter sized exit since.

These two cartridges will take on anything I hunt. What bullet do shoot in your 30-28?