Ramblings and Such From Hunting Coyote

Jose Wales took care of the red legs, I saw the movie……about 100 times!
Baby laghing.gif

One of the pastures on a ranch that I worked on had a large pile of rocks in the middle of it , 50 feet wide by 100 feet long and maybe 100 foot tall . Every bob cat in the area stopped to visit it and I had a good set there for them when they were in season . One fall just before season I went there to see how my set had over summered and just look around I could climb up onto the rocks and call a lot of area from there . As I was making my way up toward where my set and calling stand were I heard a commotion up above and in front of me . I froze in my tracks waiting to see what was going on thinking it may be some sheep up there in the shade . To my surprise it was a pair of half grown bob cat kits romping and play fighting . They romped and rolled around for a few minutes then one of them jumped on top of a large rock saw me and froze the other one froze where it was . They both just sat frozen for several minutes not knowing quite what I was and just knowing that I didn't really belong there . Finally I made a move and they nearly turned them selves wrong side out turning and running away . I didn't set that set that year . I didn't want the kittens even though bob cats eat some lambs they don't kill as many as red fox or coyote do preferring rabbit or mice instead . I still enjoy seeing what is out there to be seen . A person on horse back will see more then a person on foot normally , they cover more ground faster but some thing about two feet hitting the ground verses four makes animals nervous as so many people are heavy footed .

When speaking to the four yankee soldiers in town, "are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"

For the fans of the movie.

" We were the Chiefs of the 5 Civilized Tribes . They had us dressed in top hats and coat-tails , and we had our picture take with the Secretary of The Interior . He said 'You boys sure look Civilized' .
Our picture was in the newspaper beneath the headline , INDIANS VOW TO ENDEAVOR TO PERSEVERE .
We thought about that headline ............. and 3 days later , WE DECLARED WAR ON THE UNION !!!"

" We were the Chiefs of the 5 Civilized Tribes . They had us dressed in top hats and coat-tails , and we had our picture take with the Secretary of The Interior . He said 'You boys sure look Civilized' .
Our picture was in the newspaper beneath the headline , INDIANS VOW TO ENDEAVOR TO PERSEVERE .
We thought about that headline ............. and 3 days later , WE DECLARED WAR ON THE UNION !!!"
" I didn't surrender neither.........but they took my horse and made him surrender, they have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet".

Last edited: