Ramblings and Such From Hunting Coyote

This AM had to run to town for an errand and as normal on this weekend every year, standing in the 4way stop, was the VFW/AM Legion with their buddy poppies. We usually buy several and they hang from our vehicle mirrors till the next year when we buy new ones. A constant reminder of those that gave so much for us for our freedom. We can NEVER forget that sacrifice regardless of those that would rather see it erased! I wish everyone a safe weekend.

Little do most realize our military right now has been taking back this country and working a cross the world with other militaries defeating satanic evil and MSM is hiding it all, and most sheep are not even aware of the heroic men/ woman working since January against evil, the revelation of all this is close to coming out and it will shock most!!! Thank GOD 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🤝🤝🤝👍👍🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 We are living in biblical times and many will hold there heads in shame at the evil they defended and the good people they ridiculed.....DJT is one .... be prepared for the hand of GOD smiting the satanic cabal and the great awakening, we are living in great times👌🇺🇸

Last edited:
You'll see very soon HRC is no longer on this earth, and you were not even aware
there is no one in the Vatican, whithouse or buckingham palace either, all Baal worshipping people are being removed

Last edited:
I , like most on here enjoy hunting coyote , according to my wife too much . When I first started hunting and trapping coyote the first year I had an old dog coyote with out toes on his right front foot . I tried all winter to get him without success . In the spring the county trapper ask me if I wanted to den hunt with him as he had a call , from the neighbor of the ranch I had been trapping on , to get some coyote that were killing lambs . We went out in the morning and started tracking them , sure enough one of them had a square right front foot . We tracked them most of the day finding them in yet another ranchers pasture to the west of where they were killing . They were making a six mile round trip to kill lambs and feed their pups . Merlyn laid down facing the main draw and had me lay down facing a smaller side draw facing east . When Merlyn let out a few puppy squeals , using a med critter call the old dog ran out of the draw in front of me stopping about 20 feet in front of me , I swear you could see anger in his big yellow eyes . I was at that time shooting a new chambering the 17 Remington with the only ammo offerings a 25 gr hp running 4200 fpmv . I got excited and pushed the trigger thus hitting him in the left shoulder as he was spinning I got one in his rib cage and he dropped . I found that I had my square footed challenge and a new addiction We took 8 pups from that den the killing stopped and I learned a lot .
As to the OP, thanks for the great story, I understand the difference between wanton killing and predator control. My rat terrier was taken by pack of coyotes last thursday night, just to be killed and it was hard to take. Some of our brothers here really set me right. I'd like to ask a favor of anyone going out to hunt soon, which is to take one with extreme indifference and let me know how it goes.

🙏 More importantly, thanks to all who have served and sacrificed for the greatest of ideals!🇺🇸

CO-Guy , sorry to hear about your friend and buddy being taken by coyotes . When their numbers are high or they have cross bread with dogs they do some strange things as do packs of feral dogs . I do the best that I can to respect life of all kinds but have been known to take life with indifference and remain calm all the while when doing it as it was just a job to be done at that time in my life . That is why some people have called me a heartless ba20-87 for being able to do control work but I can see both sides of that coin as can so many others here . When we go out into the world with the animals we see just how indifferent life can be and how crewel it is to us ,at times . With the advancements in communications from around the world we can see how crewel other people can be to their own kind as well . If memory serves me in the Bible these people are called natural man as they are so much like the beasts of the land . Just my thoughts . This is the time of the year that the control workers get busy as this is the time of the year that the predators are trying to raise their pups . The coyote will be killing other dogs that get too close to their pups in order to protect the pups they don't take into consideration the size of the other dogs they just view them as a threat to the pups . And that is one of the things that as a control worker I used to my advantage and had good dogs to use as live decoys to draw in the adult coyote . If you have never been exposed to the use of dogs on coyote there is a good video called Dogging Coyotes . There is a guy with his dogs in it from Gillet Wy. named Calvin Taylor . He has some good Mountain Curs that are light colored and work coyote well . He ended up with my last female cur when I decided I was too old to finish training her and that it wasn't fair to her for me to keep and not use her . I gave her to a friend of mine here that gave her to him to finish her training . A lot of the coyote dog decoys are curs and some Jack Russell Terriers that make good denning dogs as well . Most of the dogs that are smaller will have a good heavy collar made of layers of canvas or leather and know to come back to their friend with the rifle for help or they don't last at the job long and will be not used again . If you get the time and opportunity to watch Dogging Coyote it is worth it in my humble opinion . Again CO-Guy I am sorry for the loss of your friend and family member , your Rat Terrier .

I've been visiting with my friend Gene today . He and Jack , his jack russell , have had a couple of busy days this weekend . They have taken 3 pairs and the pups as well as an old dog coyote that he saw kill a lamb this morning . He tells me it's going to be a busy spring again as there are no rabbits to supplement the food base again this year . One pair had 4 pups , one pair had 9 pups he didn't say how many the third one had so they are going to be traveling some to feed the pups and lamb , deer fawn and antelope fawn are going to catch it this year again as well as what ever birds they can kill . We have it lucky around here as we did get some good moisture and have some good grass as a result we also had some cooler weather and the moisture to kill off some of the grass hoppers that will help to save some grass for latter when it dries out hopefully not in June as is sometimes the case here . I have been noticing that the deer and antelope have moved closer to people and am wondering if it's predator pressure that might have caused some of that as well as the deep snow we got in early spring . What ever the reason they haven't moved back out to their usual habitat . My youngest brother told me that they lost a lot of deer to hemorrhagic disease on his farm in southern Indiana the last couple of years carried by the gnats that 74Honker has spoken of in his area . We also have had some problems with that and chronic wasting disease in the last few years .

Right now just from the road we are seeing lots of antelope fawns, early in the morning and late in the day when the does are going to nurse.....this is what coyotes wait for and raise heck with....lately our antelope population has been high...have seen fawn size that varies about a couple inches, meaning they have been fawning for a week or more ..... as they grow very fast. Yesterday day saw my first hen pheasant with chicks, this is early for here, have not seen them before the 1 st week of June before, never in may.

I saw an antelope fawn here on Sat. they are normally born the first weeks of June here . We have had a cooler then normal spring more like we used to have in the 60's . As Gene and I visited I learned that the coyote have adapted to the change in rabbit numbers . As he kills them out he said that now a new bunch will move into the sheep with their pups in just a few days instead of latter in the summer or fall . When I retired from control we had 150,000 sheep in this county now we have 58,000 . More and more the younger ranchers are hunting coyote just for fun and teaching them to be very weary of people , planes and all of the fox pro sounds . He told me that most times they won't answer a siren now but will still come to it in a lot of the areas as it too has been over used .