Ramblings and Such From Hunting Coyote

DSheetz

BigDon , it looks like it might be a JE Machine Ergo grip . I like the Blackhawk grips myself because of my hand size . There are a lot of different pistol grips for the AR platform now .

DSheetz

Reemty J. how is your bipod working out for you this year ? Have you been putting the stalk on any coyote this year ? I visited with Gene the other day . He was telling me that the fox numbers here are way down but that the coyote numbers are up in our area this year . The fox have mange in them pretty bad here . He said that the deer numbers are low this year as they have hemorrhagic disease in them here now . Nature takes it's tole on them and the numbers show time after time they increase then have a boom and a bust cycle .

Straight Shooter

Dave, just got back from a trip to Montana. Not a lot of coyotes this year because of the drought. No ponds and stock dams. Most of the coyotes are close to water sources. Most hanging out by the river and not in the hills. Plenty of dead whitetail to feed on because they are all dying off.

DSheetz

Straight Shooter , it sounds like there might be some of the hemorrhagic disease up there also to go along with the drought . Did any of the coyote have mange ? Were there any red fox around where you were ? Are the rabbit and other prey animals suffering badly also due to disease ect. up there ? I was out down here a couple of weeks ago and didn't see one rabbit .