Ram shot magnum 6.5prc

bowhunter1287

Has anyone tried the ram shot magnum in the 6.5 prc with the heavier bullets. I was able to get ahold of some so I thought I would try it just waiting for it to show up.

Haven't tried it personally, but I do have a pdf of some loads for it if you want them. I am planning to use MagPro and they're on the same page.

Well I tried the ram shot magnum with 153 atip and nosler brass which could be part of problem from what I have read but I started getting pressure at 60 grains slight bolt lift and stiff bolt at 61 so I didn't even shoot the max load I had loaded at 61.3 which is what ramshot says for the 147 eldm bullets but at 59.5 I am running right at 2900 with less then 100 Rds down barrel so gonna stick with that till maybe try different brass or different powder comes available

Well ram shot works good with better brass got some lapua brass a week ago and pushing the 153 a tips at 3020 out of a 24" barrel with less then 1" groups at 200 yards on a windy day I am happy with the powder and it will work for me

I have a little Ram Mag. Initially I was using it for fouler rounds 58gr with 153 A-tip. Well after I shot a couple and the group was bug holes and ES/SD really good, 3090 fps. Now I am going to try working up a load with it.

This is not very scientific, but after pulling apart some factory 143 eldx loads I am pretty sure they are running ramshot magnum in that ammo. Of course it is a major ammo producer who could do all kinds of fancy things, so that could be way off, but after analyzing the powders with other powders and cross referencing the hornady manual the volume, weight, velocity, and appearance all point to ramshot magnum.

I use it with great results. I have a Sauer 100 xt and it shoots half inch groups with Magnum and 140 accubonds. Same results with 127 lrx and 140 sst as well.

Kevin