Ram Down

Great ram.We have a refuge here and the local F&G p/u 3 rams over 200,the one is getting scored might go 209

Great ram.We have a refuge here and the local F&G p/u 3 rams over 200,the one is getting scored might go 209

6X6, your sheep are Rocky Mountain Bighorn. This is a Desert Bighorn, although there are Rocky Mountain Bighorn here in Az. as well. If your ram scores over 208 3/8", congratulations are in order, it is the new B&C World Record.

Dosh,Yes I know the pick up is in the running for record.Buddy of mine arrowed a nice dessert,think it was last year,which completed his slam,he now is just few animals shy with bow on super slam.Wish I could draw MT has some big rams

View attachment 86171 Went along to help glass for friend's Desert Bighorn hunt. He connected yesterday at the top of the Silverbell mountains. Shot was 615 yds straight uphill from his Browning Hells Canyon Speed 6.5 CM. Hunted 13 days, had 10 days left. We never saw less than 15 sheep a day. Guide and Bighorn Sheep Society guy think it'll go around 177" B&C dried. These hunts are always a great experience.
Congratulations on a great Ram !!!

6X6, your sheep are Rocky Mountain Bighorn. This is a Desert Bighorn, although there are Rocky Mountain Bighorn here in Az. as well. If your ram scores over 208 3/8", congratulations are in order, it is the new B&C World Record.

Nice sheep! They look healthier than ours. Ours up here are usually lighter in both color and body mass.
I have spent a good amount of time watching desert/Nelson bighorns but am still waiting for my tag. Biggest I have ever seen was just under 172".

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.