Rain gear

Rwb7380

Looking for some high end rain gear for an upcoming Alaska hunt. Thinking kuiu Yukon or first lite seak, but open to other suggestions. Any thoughts?

I can't say much cause I'm looking for clothes myself, but what I do know is that I might have found the right backpack, for me at least. https://popular.reviews/best-hiking-backpacks/#6_WASING_55L_Internal_Frame It's water-resistant and seems quite ok when it comes to how much stuff I can put in it. Looking for boots too at the moment, have my heart set on some Timberland boots I saw a friend wearing, will look for them online. Good luck, pal!

Ive run the kuiu chugach,and it seemed good bowhunting here. On my trips to AK I had no $,had some kind off yellow commercial type,was good for rain,and waves crashing over our 16' smokercraft on inside passage.

I have a couple sets of Kuiu rain gear. While I have not hunted in multiple day downpour conditions, I have hunted in continuous rain for 10+ hours and stayed dry.

I have two sets of Kuiu Yukon (and I wear the pants during snow hunting as an outer layer all hunt long during late seasons), and a set of Chugach for warmer weather wet hunting.

Not that I'm biased, but Kuiu. I'm selling one, but only to replace it with the same in a larger size. I'm keeping the Kuiu Kutana rain pants - they're great.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.