Hawkeye Pierce

So my buddy is wanting to sell 56lbs of the Rad-78L he says it's close to IMR 7383. I've never heard of it before. Do any of you guys know anything about it
Also if anyone is interested I'll have him get on here or I'll ask if he wants me to give his contact info. He is in Illinois, central ish.

I use it for my M1A in .308 and my Garand in 30-06. it works fine as listed for loads listed at the CDVS site. I have never "played" with changing the recipes as I am relatively new to reloading. 30-06 was at 2600 FPS.

Does it have any of the extreme pressure spike issues that 7383 has when exceeding 100% case fill?

Pressure spikes? I do not know. I am new to reloading and have only loaded about 2 1/2 pounds of the stuff (and fired off about 3/4 of that) to the aforementioned formulas. I have only chrono-ed the 30-06. They go bang, the action cycles, the bullet hits the target (most of the time) and the rifles all stay in one piece.

It's supposed to support similar burn rates but probably has its own characteristics.
What research I did showed that it was a military bulk powder.

Used it for tracers in my AR 15. Velocity is slow but they all lit. Data on the jug said 23 grains for about 2300fps was max. Thought that was awful slow but 23gr was all that you could get in the case. Very bulky powder. Also used it in 30-06, 8x57, 308 and 7-08. Low velocity and frequently left unburned kernels in the barrel.

Used it for tracers in my AR 15. Velocity is slow but they all lit. Data on the jug said 23 grains for about 2300fps was max. Thought that was awful slow but 23gr was all that you could get in the case. Very bulky powder. Also used it in 30-06, 8x57, 308 and 7-08. Low velocity and frequently left unburned kernels in the barrel.
This is the result of a far to slow powder in the 5.56.