R25 being to temperature sensitive.

The RL powders last couple years have run into some real problems lot to lot with varied burning speed. they have posted warnings on their website about one lot of RL 22 in particular. IF you want to use the RL powders you would be advised to get the 8lb kegs so you can work up loads for one lot for awhile. Otherwise it is often too hard to find enough of one lot that works. I switched to Norma MRP for that reason in my 6.5/06AI. Same speed as RL 22 and no variance in lot to lot, comes into Graf and Sons once a year and we order large quantities of all some lot. They also now have MRP2 which is supposed to be similar to RL25/H1000 etc.

BH

I`m giving MRP2 a test with my 308 Baer. With limited testing so far it is showing good results. The burnrate is very close to RL25 with MRP2 being about 5gr. slower with the lots that I`ve tested. One fellow told me that MRP2 is very temp. stable in his testing.
Bountyhunter, do you know wether this powder is single or double based?
Warren

Warren

Not sure! Just know several top shooters use it while putting down they are using something else. So dang hard to get and these guys buy almost the whole order every year from Graf when it comes in.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.