R C B S competition dies

btlbrn

So I an thinking of upgrading my standard two die set to competition die set. How do you like them? Will be in .204 Ruger.
T I A
Steve

So I an thinking of upgrading my standard two die set to competition die set. How do you like them? Will be in .204 Ruger.
T I A
Steve

you might want to look at the "off brands" before making the high dollar jump! I'd suggest a serious look at a three die set from Redding and Forster. Tobe exact I'd look at a Redding bushing neck die and a Forster seater with a Forster full length die for when the cases get tight n the chamber
gary

Last edited:
I'd keep the seating die you use now and get an RCBS or Redding full length bushing die. Use a bushing that's 2 or 3 thousandths smaller than a loaded round's neck diameter. Maybe get extra bushings if you use different lots of brass with different neck wall thickness.

Use a separate die to deprime your fired cases, then clean them before lubing and sizing them in the full bushing die.

T I A
Steve

Like mine, the slot in the seating die is nice and spoiled me. the forster and redding type are good, but I prefer the slot.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.