Quote of the Day - Jim Slinsky

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
"We all answer the calls of life: family, God, friends, and career. Some of us hear an additional voice, the call of conservation." - Jim Slinsky

Great quote. This comment kinda goes hand in hand with some of the replies on the ''polls'' concerning legalizing slingshots for griz, and using hippies for bait. Most extremists (on the hippie side) refuse to acknowledge the important roll outdoorsmen play in keeping a healthy and sustainable population of the animals and places we enjoy. Responsible use of ranching, logging, burning, and hunting meathods bennifit all of us, animals and people.
What better way to practice it than using hippies for bait! Awesome, maybe theyll(the hippies) heed the call and voulenteer thier services to bennifit us all. If not, we'll give em slingshots and a swift kick in the *** haha:D

Re: Quote of the Day - gbritton

The greatest danger to American Freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.

--Thomas Jefferson--

I like Quotes that include God, removing God from government, family, friends, or career will end poorly. A complete thought that has only come to me recently, the removal of references to God in government buildings has a greater purpose. We are endowed by our Creator with certain rights, remove the Creator eliminate the rights. I respectfully disagree with the Thomas Jefferson's quote, that the danger is from government ignoring the Constitution, it's from a people rejecting God's role. I think Jefferson spoke like I have many times, with the mind set that God was a given, and the assumption his listeners all shared that view. Viewed in the context of the assault on our rights, the right to bear arms for many of us, but the others have all been trampled as well. The dismissal of God preceded this movement. The Founders consciousness of their fallibility, set up a system of checks and balances that reflects their scriptural view of man, and God.

Thomas Jefferson was, if I am not mistaken a preacher of the
gospel himself and new far to well the frailities of his fellow man.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.