Quiver

schneep

What do you use?? Since I hunt from a ground blind, and carry my TAC 15i to the blind cased, what is the best way to carry arrows/shafts/bolts within the case, but not attached to the TAC?

Hi Schneep,
I use a Tarantula Broadhead Hip Quiver that has a belt and also can be strapped to your leg about 3 inches above your knee. The model that I use can carry up to eight arrows and it can be worn on your left or right side with the arrows angled slightly rearward. You can comfortable kneel, or climb a tree with these quivers. Tarantula also makes a 4 arrow version that I believe Len Backus may carry in his Gearshop store.

If you are not looking to carry your arrows where you can easily access them, then I would suggest an arrow tube that fits neatly into the zippered arrow compartment in the TAC15 soft case. These arrow tubes can easily hold a dozen or more arrows and offer excellent protection for your arrow vanes. They also have a nice carry strap that allows one to easily throw the tube over your shoulder and go for a walk, when needed. I use these for my target arrows when shooting long distances. They are around $20. each and I think Easton Archery makes a version. I use ones that are made in the UK because the are a bit thicker in their construction of the plastic that forms the tube. All are adjustable for length, so size is not relevant to what arrows you're using.

Regards,

Jon

My bow hunts several months a year and lives on a 4 wheeler mostly. I need very strong storage with the ability to be bungee corded if needed. I made mine using mostly scraps laying around my shop. I used cheapo black 2" PVC pipe. It's cut to about 29" overall. I installed removable caps on the ends. Originally I used the glued-on/screw-on fittings. There are many different options. I tried most of them, but currently use one of the 2" rubber caps (made for the PVC pipe) on one end, held in place by a regular hose clamp. It's simpler and can be tighten/loosened with a coin, or some have thumb screws. Both ends have foam inserted. It's almost indestructible because I do abuse it!

Then everything is "custom" camo painted using Krylon rattle cans...Same as my bow. I carry it the side pocket of my Eberlestock pack. One end slips into the lower pocket, and the upper end is strapped. I also have a couple hose clamps I sometimes secure a 1.25" strap with, but found the backpack is used most often.

Not elegant looking but it works for me.

Necessity, is the true mother of invention. It's either that or laziness, I'm not sure which one actually wins?

If it works don't fix it!!!

Regards,

Jon

I've just been using the clear plastic case that came with the extra arrows I bought from here. It fits right in the pouch in the top of the soft bow case. I am going to get one of the tarantula hip quivers for stalking though.

WildWillie

Thanks for the replies everyone. Since mine will only be for in and out to my blind and on the 4 wheeler, I think I will op for a tube of some kind.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.