Quigley Ford scopes

central iowa couple

I know nothing about these. I just won one at RMEF banquet. I was wondering if anyone has any info. I see the add on here but don't know how they compare to others. Any info is good
Thanks

I have a limited experience of one, on a customers rifle. I don't care for ffp, but besides that, seems to have short eye relief and glass is noticeably less bright and clear than Leupold, Swarovski, Schmidt and Bender. I would put the glass along the lines of a lower end Athlon. Again, limited experience, but not my favorite.

I don't know much about them either...but they are kind of neat.
They are usually configured to one load on a rifle.
You send them the bullet weight and averaged muzzle velocity of "X" amount of shots. They graduate yardage to match that load. The yardage is written beside each elevation hash on the scope. I've seen them set up to 1000 yards.
From what I understand, if you decide to change the pet load? Need to buy a new scope if you want the yaradage graduations to be accurate with the new load.

You send them the bullet weight and averaged muzzle velocity of "X" amount of shots. They graduate yardage to match that load. The yardage is written beside each elevation hash on the scope. I've seen them set up to 1000 yards.
From what I understand, if you decide to change the pet load? Need to buy a new scope if you want the yaradage graduations to be accurate with the new load.
I was very impressed with them! The glass quality was close to my NF and the owner (i forget his name) was great to talk to! I think they are specific to a certain crowd though. If you are wanting to learn long-range shooting, then there are better options. If you want to shoot 600 yards without messing with anything then I think they are a great option! I am thinking about putting one on my rifle so my mom can use it. I can just say 600 yards and it is simple. They also have a dual focal plane which is super beneficial for low light hunting!

Or if you travel anywhere different from where you got your data. Pretty useless gimmick. But let's be honest - anyone touting them didn't get their data anyway, and will either never shoot the rifle at medium-long range or will wonder why they missed or wounded an animal when they travel to hunt.

One I looked thru seemed like it had small field of view. Glass was not good. Was a good idea when they come out in the 80's, I think it was, but lots better optics and options now. Im surprised they are still in business !!!

Or if you travel anywhere different from where you got your data. Pretty useless gimmick. But let's be honest - anyone touting them didn't get their data anyway, and will either never shoot the rifle at medium-long range or will wonder why they missed or wounded an animal when they travel to hunt.
That's not necessarily true.
My uncle has a setup like that on his .358 norma. He hunts the same place in Texas every year with it. Same elevation. Same time of year so temps are usually close and he doesn't shoot extremely long shots. He can range distance and go. He has amazing luck with it. Now I get you are saying for someone like us it makes less sense but it does have its uses.

I have been testing one and have found that the German lens produce a great image and the hash marks for longer shots were spot on. I shot a 6mm Dasher with 32.2 gr. of Varget and a 108 gr. Berger bullet @~2910 fps. I zeroed at 200, then shot targets at 300, 400, 500, and 600. The 500 yard target is unique in that it is a deer cut out with a hole in the heart area for a target. My son made this several years ago and I let the youngsters practice on it. I shot the Berger bullet first, but decided to see if another load would kill the deer. It was with same powder charge but with a Bart's 105 gr. VLD. Here are some pictures of the two shots. DSCF9009.JPG Quigley-Ford at the Range.JPG
The two shots were in the 10 ring and one was an "X"