Quigley Ford FFP Q520

Buddly

Just wondering if any of you have shot The Guigley Ford Q520? They are a round specific first focal plane school with at retical according to your bullet weight speed and BC Bullet coefficiency. I've bought two one for my 300 RUM and one for my RPR 6.5 Creedmoor. Both scope are still in shipping. The RUM I won't be able to shoot until after my Rotator Cuff surgery.

Attachments

• 20CE531D-518A-4FFD-AA84-715DAD8F3712.jpeg
    20CE531D-518A-4FFD-AA84-715DAD8F3712.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 232
You don't because the scope is built for that bullet.

You don't because the scope is built for that bullet
Lol but you cannot control temp which will affect air density and probably the speed at which ur gun powder burns affecting velocity. What then?

So what if the bullet is discontinued, or the BC changes?
Or you change altitudes? Or temps? Or your powder is temp sensitive? Or you have two different loads?

To answer your question, no. I would never order that scope.

Last edited:
So what if the bullet is discontinued, or the BC changes?
Or you change altitudes? Or temps? Or your powder is temp sensitive? Or you have two different loads?

To answer your question, no. I would never order that scope.
At distances I'll be hunting mostly under 600 yrds these factors shouldn't matter. And I never asked if you would buy one. I asked if anyone had ever shot one.

At distances I'll be hunting mostly under 600 yrds these factors shouldn't matter. And I never asked if you would buy one. I asked if anyone had ever shot one.
600 yards, with a .300RUM shooting a 215 Hybrid @ 3100fps, you can see 6-7" of drop difference depending on elevation and temps alone, not including if your powder is temp sensitive. Add 1fps difference for temp sensitivity, and you can add a few more inches of drop.

No, I have never shot behind one.

600 yards, with a .300RUM shooting a 215 Hybrid @ 3100fps, you can see 6-7" of drop difference depending on elevation and temps alone, not including if your powder is temp sensitive. Add 1fps difference for temp sensitivity, and you can add a few more inches of drop.

A few inches with 1 fps? Ummm...

6" is still in the kill zone at 600 and you're talking worst case. I'm a hunter and I do not reload.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.