Quickload

freebird63

I don't have quickloads program and really don't know much about it. Having said that, does anyone out there with program care to use it to help me better determine a better starting point.
Just let me know what info you need....it would be greatly appreciated.

For my 300 Ultra mag. Have tried retumbo powder, H1000 powder, 215M, CCI 250 and WLRM primers, 200gr hornady ELD-X, berger 230gr, berger 200.20X
Its a stock remington 700 with a 26" barrel.
So far the only bullet to show any promise is the 230gr berger. It was just the best of the worst. Tried seating long, tried seating to SAAMI specs.
Its being difficult.

I know quickloads doesn't replace load development, been reloading for many years now. It all helps.
But if no one has it or doesn't want to run it for me that's ok too.....

I've had great groups and vel with the 180 and 200 gr Nosler Accubond using max loadso of Retumbo with a Rem case and CCI 250 primer. Vel with the 180 is 3361 ft/sec and 3100 ft/sec with the 200. Oal of 3.640. Hope this helps.

IMO, don't think QuickLoad.will be of much help. Seems it's better for estimating max loads for.powders not often documented in reloading guides and finding the percent of powder burned in the barrel for effecentcy.

You are using well documented​ components for the 300 RUM. If it won't work with Retumbo or H1000, and a 230 Berger the problem may be elsewhere.

How bad is bad? What are your groups like? We might be able.to help if we knew what loads you have created and their speeds, etc.

Lots of.300 RUM shooters here, including me. But I don't use QL.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.