Quickload for 375 rum

chrisb97

Hi I was wondering if anybody would be able to run a quickload for a 375 rum with a 350smk seated at 4" OAL. Finally finished my rifle but am at a loss for max case capacity and where to start out and with powder so scarce don't want to burn through lbs of powder trying to find which one will give me the best velocity. Thanks in advance

Also there is an ongoing post here about 375 RUM.

I'll still run Quick Load for you but these guys are actually shooting them and probably have better insight.

Also there is an ongoing post here about 375 RUM.

I'll still run Quick Load for you but these guys are actually shooting them and probably have better insight.
I have rl-17, rl-22, h1000, retumbo, and h4831sc. And only reason I ask is I had the throat cut out longer for the 350smk for a max OAL of 4.05 and it increased the usable case capacity but by how much I have no idea. Thanks

Again, I'd hit up the boys on the linked thread I previously posted for some real world input. That being said from what you have to work with and Quickload I'd look at H4831SC and RL-22 in that order, due to temp stability but the RL-22 shows potential for a bit more speed. H-1000 and Retumbo were slow, at least in Quick Load. First photo is H4831SC and second is RL-22. Start low and work up.

Attachments

• IMG_6715.JPG
    IMG_6715.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_6716.JPG
    IMG_6716.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 149
Again, I'd hit up the boys on the linked thread I previously posted for some real world input. That being said from what you have to work with and Quickload I'd look at H4831SC and RL-22 in that order, due to temp stability but the RL-22 shows potential for a bit more speed. H-1000 and Retumbo were slow, at least in Quick Load. First photo is H4831SC and second is RL-22. Start low and work up.
Once again I really appreciate it

H1000 and retumbo are too slow for the 375 RUM. You need something with a faster burn rate. If you could find some RL16, you'd be golden.

RL17 should get you there.
I have a 375 Weatherby and I found what works for that also works for the RUM.
I use H4350 and Win 760 the most.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.