Quickload ballistics input/output

Following up on this, let me pose a scenario - if I zero at 100 yards, then without adjusting my scope I shoot at 200 and 300, get tight groups, and measure the vertical drop from the POA to the center of the groups. JBM would tell me what that drop *should* have been at 200 and 300, but what if my measured drop is different than the predicted drop? As a user, how would you approach that?
I also use JBM along with other ballistic calculators. I get my 100 yard zero and plug in all the numbers such as muzzle velocity, altitude and so on. From my 100 yard zero I either dial using my knobs to different distances, or use my reticles which are mil based. If you have a standard duplex reticle you can use that also, it just takes alittle more time to figure out how your reticle subtends.

Here's a screen shot. I normally use 10 yard increments out to 2000 yards but adjusted to meet your needs. You can set it to moa or mil adjustments to fit your needs.
1656427085802.png

It was through JBM. I believe someone else put a link to there. But here it is again. https://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj-5.1.cgi
Good, thanks, I've downloaded that. My timing is bad, I'm preparing to sell my home so my entire reloading and shooting setup is boxed and in the locker, I'm going to have to dig out my chrono and some loaded ammunition to give this a try.

Good, thanks, I've downloaded that. My timing is bad, I'm preparing to sell my home so my entire reloading and shooting setup is boxed and in the locker, I'm going to have to dig out my chrono and some loaded ammunition to give this a try.
No biggie you got bigger fish to fry. Good luck with the sale. When you're ready there are many here that can talk you through the app if you have trouble.

I use Shooter on my I Phone .You can buy it for $10 and install it in a few minutes . It is a quick and easy process once you have your information loaded into the program.

Check out the Strelok App for your smartphone. There is a free version that will do what want. Strelok Pro for about $12 has more features. I use it for an airgun shooting 16 gr pellets at 970 fps, and a .300 WSM shooting a 180 gr bullet at 3050. With the correct data both are spot on.

Recent Posts