QuickLoad: Adding New Cartridges

Under 'Data: add change load save', 'create new case/caliber file'.
Basically you can pick any cartridge/cal and tweak it's H2O capacity for the new cartridge. Then name and save it.

to do it right for a more accurate solution you need to build in quick design then import into quick load. try calling rich he might know how what changes to make to help line up with his cartridges

I don't think he ever posted a reamer print for any of his work and don't blame him. you could use your fired case to build a case but not knowing the throat and lead angles,diameters or lengths it wont ever be right

I understand why Rich would keep information protected. My intent here is just to get a more accurate representation in my personal version of QL.

I also created my own wildcat and want to add it to QL. I have my full reamer print if you know how to add it.

Is it possible to modify the variables you mentioned in QL? I'm mostly concerned with neck length. I have been using the 7 SAUM with a shorter case length and adjusted H2O. When I change the case length from 2.035 to 1.96 it's not accounting for the correct neck/shoulder location. All the program does is think my case neck is 0.236 inches. This would likely affect neck tension and therefore starting pressures, maybe?

I'm having a 7SS spun up and dies on the way. I enjoy running simulations in the program prior to load development.

you need quick design to enter new cartridges the right way. try changing the weighting factor from 0.5 to 0.35 it will help with speed and pressure, you need accurate case capacity, bullet length average of 10 bullets, bullet weight avg. and if possible bore cross section. that will help but wont be perfect

QL does not need ANY actual information about YOUR cartridge. All it needs is accurate H20 capacity, enter the right barrel and bullet parameters, bullet shank seating depth and your powder load.
You could do this, manual entries for any cartridge(like with 223rem loaded for example), and it will work just fine. It's easier to begin with the same cal of your cartridge loaded(7mm), to get that cross sectional bore area pre-loaded.

You don't need QuickDesign.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.