Quick question about Leupold B&C reticle

TheHardWay

I'm a little confused about the B&C reticle offered in the Leupold scopes. I've read that you need to set the scope at a specific power in order for it to be effective. Since the recticle is on the second focal plane, does that mean that it will change sizes depending on magnification level?
I am also using LoadBase, which has a scope reticle function incorporated into it that will state the yardages for each cross hair mark on a given reticle, such as the B&C, from the external ballistics of a given load. Do these calculated holdover yardages remain constant at any magnification power since it is taking into effect the ballistics of a specific load.
The whole large triangle/small triangle thing and trying to simulate the performance of a given caliber isn't something I want to mess with. I just want to enter my load info into Load Base, and output the reticle chart, so I know what the hold over marks represent.

I'm a little confused about the B&C reticle offered in the Leupold scopes. I've read that you need to set the scope at a specific power in order for it to be effective. Since the recticle is on the second focal plane, does that mean that it will change sizes depending on magnification level?
The reticle will not change apparent size, but the angular measurement it subtends will change. The angular distance between the reticle features is different for each magnification setting.
I am also using LoadBase, which has a scope reticle function incorporated into it that will state the yardages for each cross hair mark on a given reticle, such as the B&C, from the external ballistics of a given load. Do these calculated holdover yardages remain constant at any magnification power since it is taking into effect the ballistics of a specific load.
Only at the power specified by Leupold as the "correct" magnification for the reticle. Usually that's max power until you get into the highest magnification scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.