quick load request

Rich Coyle

Is there anyone here who would run quick load to give me some kind of idea of the pressure I'm running. The case holds 109 grains of water to the top of the mouth. It uses 93.0 grains of USW869 pushing a Barnes LRX 127 grain bullet with hlbn coating. The jump to the lands is .120". The primer is Federal 215 Magnum. The barrel is 26" long.

Thanks.

In order to get accurate data out of Quickload you need a chronograph and then adjust the burn rate until the two velocities match. Without the chronograph Quickloads output are just computer generated guesses.

In order to get accurate data out of Quickload you need a chronograph and then adjust the burn rate until the two velocities match. Without the chronograph Quickloads output are just computer generated guesses.

I fired some today. The velocity average is 3,349 feet per second. With the velocity info what does the quick load say the pressure is? If I didn't have a chronograph what would the quick load suggest the pressure is?

Anyone with the quickload give me a hand here?

What cartridge/caliber rifle are you shooting for starters?

The parent case is either a 7RUM or a .300RUM. It is necked to 6.5 and the shoulder is pushed back about .100". The case holds 109 grains of water to the top of the mouth. It uses 93.0 grains of US869 pushing a Barnes LRX 127 grain bullet with hlbn coating. The jump to the lands is .120". The primer is Federal 215 Magnum. The barrel is 26" long. The average velocity runs about 3,350 feet per second.

Sorry but that wildcat cartridge isn't listed and I don't know if Quickload can be configured for your cartridge. You went above my Quickload pay grade.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.