"Quick Load " Program question?

Broz

Do you guys that have the quick load program find it worth having? I am thinking of buying it but not sure how much I would use it.

Pros and conns please.

Thanks!

Jeff

Have had it for a long time and wouldn't be without it. Having said that, just remember that it's a computer program and all info should be taken with the standard warnings about loading and testing rounds.

It's great for "what if" questions about different bullets, powders etc.

Like most programs it has a lot of little quirks that you learn as you go and the more accurate the input the more accurate the output :)

Have had it for a long time and wouldn't be without it. Having said that, just remember that it's a computer program and all info should be taken with the standard warnings about loading and testing rounds.

It's great for "what if" questions about different bullets, powders etc.

Like most programs it has a lot of little quirks that you learn as you go and the more accurate the input the more accurate the output :)

I'll second that thought.

Dick is right on.

I've been using it for about 3 years and frankly I'd be lost with out it. It's a marvelous tool. At the range day before yesterday I was measuring velocities within 29 fps max different from what QuickLoad predicted. Very often QuickLoad is a more accurate source of MV information than the bullet factory loading manuals.

That said, it is a "simulation", a computer model of a process that has a lot of unknowns. In the users manual, which is excellent, there is a really good discussion of it's limitations. There is a good review of it here:

QuickLOAD Review & User's Guide

Highly recommended.

Fitch

Thank You all for the responces. It sounds like it would be an asset for my reloading room and I plan to get it.

I appreciate all your input.

Jeff

I've been using it for 2 years and like others have said I wouldn't be without it. I really like the fact that it can be customized to your rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.