Quick load is profiling the Hammers!

Hammer is reliable, but broad based testing is always a good thing. Although, after all these years it's still possible to have a .30-06 fall out of parameters between QL, and actual firing.

elkaholic has gone through the same thing with his wildcats, but actual testing and wide use validated his results.

I think the same testing that applies to cartridges, applies to bullets. We already know each barrel and bullet has unique properties. With each bullet bearing surface, material, seating depth, etc affects engraving pressure, and all the variables do make it tough to isolate sometimes.

The process is always educational, and it's fun to watch folks step up with new ideas. The Absolutes don't fit any of my near future plans, but certainly going to watch the outcomes from QL, and field test.

Quickload is never going to be a replacement for hard data, it's just another resource for us to use.
I will say that if you put in as accurate data as possible my experience is that is pretty darn accurate.

4 sure on that, remember back in the day when we wished for a reliable range finder at a price we could afford and we finallly got there. I recall how many people who thought they were consistently making 400 yard shots all of a sudden found out that they were actually at 250 or so.

Same with Chronographs......

This is just this guy but I look forward to the day when we have on the shelves cost effective and yet reliable pressure testing equipment. What a day that will be. I'm for betting that many of the "no pressure loads" will be sorted out to be rocket fuel burner loads....:)

4 sure on that, remember back in the day when we wished for a reliable range finder at a price we could afford and we finallly got there. I recall how many people who thought they were consistently making 400 yard shots all of a sudden found out that they were actually at 250 or so.

Same with Chronographs......

This is just this guy but I look forward to the day when we have on the shelves cost effective and yet reliable pressure testing equipment. What a day that will be. I'm for betting that many of the "no pressure loads" will be sorted out to be rocket fuel burner loads....:)
LOL! I can't remember which one, but a chronograph maker was asked what he'd learned along the way-"Nobody ever returns a chronograph for reading too high!