Quick load is profiling the Hammers!

Just loaded the update and checked my records on my 280AI, 25-06 and 338-06. The predicted Hammer loads were all within 20-40fps of my actual readings. I was using modified Nosler Accubond bullets for my initial workups. As with most loads in Quickload, I had to modify the burn rate of the powder to match up with my loads.

So was anyone able to run the Absolutes and see how close they are? I plan on picking up several different kinds of Hammers for my hunting rifles and wanted to see how well the new models in the program matched the real world results. My plan was to find the weight and model sweet spot that gives me the longest effective range but I need accurate velocities to do so.

Since I prefer to not be in the poor house I figured it would be cheaper to model them and get a ball park number to narrow down my options prior to buying a bunch.

Also @RockyMtnMT do you have any plans to develop an absolute shock hammer for the .458? I just picked up a 16.5" suppressed 1886 in 45-70 and was thinking an absolute hammer would be the ticket to recover some of that velocity loss.

Recent Posts