Questions regarding scope/rifle combo

Trebark, I am still tryig to get my pictures to upload. Do you know of any other way to achieve this without having a URL?

URL is the only way.

Do you have an account on photobucket.com? It's easy and free. Set up your account there, then upload your pics. Under each pic a drop-down menu will appear and one of choices is the "image code". Copy that code and then paste it into the body of your post(s) here on LRH.com. Your pics will magically appear.

100_1479.jpg

USMC30, all this talk about PI, iron sights @ 500 yards, M16 just brings back the memories and does me good. When did you go to PI and what training battalion? Hard to remember now but, I think I was in 2nd by the parade deck. Judging from your forum name I'd say you enjoyed most of your time in the Corps, how many years and MOS?

As far as input you've received some great advice so all I'll say is I think you have an excellent caliber and rifle/scope combo. Contrary to some I prefer higher magnification as they eyes aren't what they used to be. For 200 yard shooting you can always keep it dialed down.

Semper Fi.

I thought you said were talking about the 10FP when you said you got the model 10. I would really be interested in a range report on that rifle. I have wanted one since they came out and am dying to shoot one.

Tank

I was at PI from May to Aug. 1997. 3rd Btn K Co. 3064 Pl. My MOS was 2124 (field radio operator) I later picked up a motor T MOS as I was in a MT reserve unit. I was in from 1997-2003 and wouldn't trade it for anything. My younger brother is a active duty marine in Afghanistan.

I will let you guys know how the rig performs. I am going to try to make it to the range this afternoon.

Semper Fi

PI 1970, qual'ed w/m14 later that year w/M16 at Geiger. Where in Florida do you hail from...north/south/west? Semper Fi.

Ahhhh yes, the PI!!! Brings back some fond memories. I remember one time taking a jeepney to Caljams to meet some friends and a girl walks up to my table.... uh....oh....You guys meant Paris Island? ooooops, never mind that last part of the story. :D:D:D

Central Florida (near Orlando). My reserve unit is in Orlando (6th Motor T). I spent a little time at Camp Geiger A.K.A. Camp Devil Dog. Road dog's story got me thinking about a convoy we too to Daytona Beach one time. We made the mistake of taking pictures with us in uniform with girls on the beach. We had an entire convoy of five ton's driving on the beach with girls in the back. Needless to say, we were standing tall in front of the man for that one. :D

Civy's in the back of 5 tons...**** man what were you guys thinking? Back when I was in they'd of had your you know what's+stripes+brig time+pay. What did they do to you guys?

Yeah, I know. It's a miracle that we are not still in the brig. Belive it or not, knowone was busted down. I was just a 19 year old lance corporal at the time and didn't think twice about it. We all got an *** chewing from our platoon commander. At least it was the entire platoon and not just a squad issue. The platoon seargent took the brunt of the abuse. I will never forget it. :D

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.