Questions or the 6.5x284 guys

Firearrow

I was wondering if you guys that shoot a 6.5x284, with a break and without a break, were able to see your hits on target when shooting off of a bipod and a rear bag. From distances up close to out there. I know a lot has to do with shooting form, but let's just say you were lined up good and executed the shot as planed.

I was wondering if you guys that shoot a 6.5x284, with a break and without a break, were able to see your hits on target when shooting off of a bipod and a rear bag. From distances up close to out there. I know a lot has to do with shooting form, but let's just say you were lined up good and executed the shot as planed.
I just got a black bear last weekend with my Cooper Phoenix6.5x284 shooting 140 vld no break, the shot was at 550 yards I watched the bear drop in my scope on 22power , a brake would be nice but I would hate to forget ear plugs

Reason I am asking this is because I have a 300WM already that I can't see my hits on target, and my next build, 260 or 6.5x284, I want to to be able to see each hit on target.

I use a break on both my 6.5-284's. Recoil feels like a 22-250 and I can see hits at 20x past 500 yards. My rifles weigh 10-11#. Never shot them without a break. Since I hunt mostly solo, seeing hits is a must at long range.

I use a break on both my 6.5-284's. Recoil feels like a 22-250 and I can see hits at 20x past 500 yards. My rifles weigh 10-11#. Never shot them without a break. Since I hunt mostly solo, seeing hits is a must at long range.

A break it is. I am usually in the same situation that you are. Thanks for the reply.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts