Questions on 6.5 prc

I thought the PRC sizing problem was directed to the 300PRC. I've got a custom 6.5PRC rifle and have been using Hornady brass (only brass I can find) and Redding Type S FL dies. So far I've got 5 reloads on the brass and haven't experienced any problems. My loads run 140s at about 3,000 ft/sec and the 156s @ 2,950 ft/sec so my loads aren't particularly light.

Thank you for accepting me to the long range group, curious about site in and what what bullet type to use for elk and deer thanks again good shooting
For god,s sake stay away from the 142 nosler accubondLR. I shot a meat buck with an inpact speed of 2800 and it blew on the shoulder blade and didn,t get inside. Accubond,partition, swift scirroco, federal terminal ascent, woodleigh, GMX, interbond. Just stay away from the too soft LR types except the federal.

....Thank you for accepting me to the long range group, curious about site in and what what bullet type to use for elk and deer thanks again good shooting.......

Lots of differing opinion on bullets, a lot which can be eliminated by plugging in your personal parameters. Such as the shooters looking for a 1000 yard bullet when, their system doesn't include a basic range finder.

For god,s sake stay away from the 142 nosler accubondLR. I shot a meat buck with an inpact speed of 2800 and it blew on the shoulder blade and didn,t get inside. Accubond,partition, swift scirroco, federal terminal ascent, woodleigh, GMX, interbond. Just stay away from the too soft LR types except the federal.

Wow, we had two bull elk killed with the 142 ABLR out of 6.5x284's a year ago. First was a 6x6 at 360 yards, one shot quartering to put it down and out. Second was broadside at 300, hit him high and spined him so he got a follow up shot in the lungs. I'll find a picture of the damage to the second one.

Second bull

47C40C9B-5A51-4BEF-810E-15CC9B2CA239.jpeg

Wow, we had two bull elk killed with the 142 ABLR out of 6.5x284's a year ago. First was a 6x6 at 360 yards, one shot quartering to put it down and out. Second was broadside at 300, hit him high and spined him so he got a follow up shot in the lungs. I'll find a picture of the damage to the second one.
That is awesome I have shot accubond but not Long range ones I shot a very nice 5x5 with 180 acb. At 200 yards and ran away another hunter shot it funny thing is it should have bleed out one thru the brisket and one dam close to vitals bought this new bergara in 6.5 prc trying to find some good loads heard lots of good killings

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.