Questions for owners who hunt with Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44

DartonJager

Have been looking and researching a mid range adjustable turret hunting scope and my budget is absolutely $1k or less. I truly wish I could afford more but just can not. I have looked at and considered a lot of scopes in the sub $1k range but keep coming back to this one:
Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44
The rifle it will go on is a Tikka T3 Lite in 300wsm
Purpose is hunting deer and elk out to 700 yards maximum
I hunt in all conditions and weather
I strictly reload 100% all my ammo
I do own several chronographs to help with load development
My rings of choice are Burris Signature "Zee" rings and bases
The reasons for this is because the Ziess most closely meets my requirements of:
>Locking Adjustable wind and zero set elevation turrets
>SFP I really tried to like FFP but it's just not for me.
>Both low and med/ high magnification range
>Side Parallax adjustment
>Simple to understand and use ballistic reticle.
>Reasonably sized and moderate weight

I have but two and only two concerns I need addressed about this scope.
#1-Has it a well earned reputation for tracking and return to zero
#2-Durability especially it's ability of enduring long term moderately heavy recoil as it will sit atop my T3 Lite in 300wsm and I only hunt primarily with heavier recoiling magnum rifles and of course to be proficient out to 600-700 yards I will have to shoot a lot hence the concerns about recoil.

Thank you for your help.

I have one and believe it works very well for returning to zero. My shooting so far while dialing is under 200 rounds on a light .280AI.

I would say past 700 yards the crosshairs are a little coarse compared to similar NF or v-X5. On elk size game I doubt that would cause issue.

I have no reservations re: durability. Well made and seems stout to me.

Good luck!

I have been running the V4 6-24 on a 30 Nosler for a couple years now. It has performed excellent as far as tracking and no issues coming back to zero. Durability wise it has held up great through range days and several backcountry hunts in varying weather conditions. For the money spent don't think you can go wrong. The glass itself is fantastic at that price point.

Thanks to all who have replied so far. I actually wish to buy a Leupold VX6HD 3-18x44 with the TMOA reticle and locking return to zero turrets. Not because it's a Leupold, but because it actually has everything I want in a midrange tactical capable hunting rifle scope.

UNFORTUNATELY the VXHD costs over $1600 and honestly that's just much more than I can afford. I originally budgeted $1500 for the scope but I then realized I was being financially irresponsible for simply to many reasons to ignore. Now my scope budget is a more realistic $1000-$1200.

My problem is not finding a great reliable scope for under$1000, its finding a SFP scope with a simple uncluttered reticle I can be comfortable using. And so far the Zeiss V4 4-16x44 meets about 90% of my requirements.
My only concern about the Zeiss is it's durability, tracking and return to zero, and the only way I know of to answer these questions is by asking people with first hand experience using them.

Thanks again for the help.

So far I've had no problems with them on 7mm, 300 and 340 Weatherby rifles.
I just had a Nikon fall apart on a braked 300, but that's not happened to any of my Zeiss scopes.

Could look into the Meopta Optica6. Probably heavier than the Zeiss and only has locking elevation. I'm going to try one on my 25-284. Should be here around October 7th. It's getting great reviews on glass and dialing. Was actually fairly reasonably priced in Canada.

I have one a top my 300Wby and it preforms very well, To tell the truth I found the glass in the Zeiss better than tha glass in my frieends VX 5 HD. The turrets also have a very crisp feel to the which I prefer. They are a very good scope.

A friend just put one on his new Tikka Lite 270WSM and is shooting 145 ELDx. 200 yd zero and did a tracking test out to 600 yards (with target @ 200). Excellent tracking. I liked the scope so much that I bought a 2020 version with external markings on windage knob.

So far I've had no problems with them on 7mm, 300 and 340 Weatherby rifles.
I just had a Nikon fall apart on a braked 300, but that's not happened to any of my Zeiss scopes.
Are other 3 rifles also equipped with muzzle brakes?

I'm considering a Zeiss also. Some scopes will withstand everything you throw at them, except muzzle brakes.

Check out the Demo Zeiss models at Red Hawk Rifles. They come with a 100% full factory warranty. I ordered one a month ago for my 300WSM. I have not shot it yet, but the scope looked brand new, and the order went smooth.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.