Questions about inletting a M700 SA stock for a Savage M10

Camshaft

So, here is my delima. My fiance bought me a M700 sps Varmint in .308 for christmas, i ordered a bobby hart LRT stock for it from stockys. Well it turns out that the lgs ordered a 22-250 rather than .308 and there are no .308s available. So i ended up getting a Savage model 16FLSS in Left Hand .300wsm. It is a blind box centerfeed. Can the model 700 stock be adapted to work for the savage without any unsightly result. I am assuming i would have to convert it to hindged floorplate to begin with.

Last edited:
Ok, hows this; sounds like a job for someone with too much time on their hands! Un-sightly gaps, I don't know anyone with that much free time. It would stand to reason though, that I don't even try to used the charger for my Dell laptop on my kids Acer, never tried using Ford body parts on a Camaro, and don't use parts made for a Rem. on a Savage. Sell it! Get what you need!

Yea, that's pretty much what I figured. So how about this, what if I exchange it for one inletted for my savage. But here's the catch, they don't make this stock for lefty savages, only rh. Can I mod the rh savage stock to take a lh action?

You'll find it best to just send it back or sell it. Get exactly what you want the first time around. You'll spend more time and money trying to modify something that's not meant to fit right in the first place. If they only make a right hand version for your stock then find another stock or have Joel Russo make you a custom stock made exactly to what you want.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.