Question on sales tax

I bought a rifle from Gun Broker Friday.They want to charge me Wi State sales tax on shipping.Is that kosher?
Same thing just happened to me. Rifle in New Hampshire and it charged me tax on the shipping...went up almost $200 from ending price, taxes fees and shipping....reminds me of feebay.

Hey btw I want to buy your 629 Extreme, did you hear from Smith. Please let me know I have the money for it and shipping! Thanks

I bought a rifle from Gun Broker Friday.They want to charge me Wi State sales tax on shipping.Is that kosher?
I sell on broker daily. About 1.5 years ago, the tax code changed and interstate commerce gets taxed now. Some states charge on shipping, others do not. Three states have no sales tax at all. Broker started out with a 2% service fee for collecting it, then reduced it to 1%. As a seller, I can't control it, they automatically collect, then report it to the appropriate state.
However, there are thresholds. Depends on number of transactions and / $ volume of transactions per month or year. If you're small enough, not required to collect for other states. Apparently all transactions through Broker make them exceed the threshold, so they collect. At least with me, that is a big reason to buy direct instead of using broker. I keep my listings on broker as advertisement. A lot of people still find me on Broker, then look me up and call direct.

That's what happens when democrats are elected! In places like Minnesota! They would tax air your breathing if they could!
I feel like unless taxes go to 100% people are going to continue to be fine with the constant rising taxes...no wonder they don't teach about 1776 in schools anymore

I feel like unless taxes go to 100% people are going to continue to be fine with the constant rising taxes...no wonder they don't teach about 1776 in schools anymore
Which is why the swamp wanted to mislabel and crush the TEA party. Even tho Taxed Enough Already was pretty darn clear.

That's what happens when democrats are elected! In places like Minnesota! They would tax air your breathing if they could!
The gas stations used to have free air not to long ago in central N.Y…now it's a buck for 3 minutes out of a little compressor