• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Question on re-using HS stock

Aldon

Can a Skim Bedded HS precision stock be re-used?

Same action model but different serial number etc..

What issues might arise?

Anything that I should plan to do> do I need to grind out the bedding and re-skim?

IMO I would grind out the recoil lug area just in case the two were a little different. Again just my opinion.

-Nathan

From what I have been led to understand every action cools differently and in turn leaves some variation in end result from action to action. Like the poster above me said he would grind out the recoil lug, he is absolutely correct but what i would also do is sand out a fair amount of the original bedding and reskim bed the stock to meet your actions differences without worry of there being a major fluctuation between the 2.

From what I have been led to understand every action cools differently and in turn leaves some variation in end result from action to action. Like the poster above me said he would grind out the recoil lug, he is absolutely correct but what i would also do is sand out a fair amount of the original bedding and reskim bed the stock to meet your actions differences without worry of there being a major fluctuation between the 2.
+1 That's the answer.

+2

Remove as much bedding as possible and re bed.

All actions are not alike and will not fit perfect in another rifles foot print.

J E CUSTOM

Thansk for the feedback everyone.

I assumed this was the requirement.

I went ahead and purchased a used PSV stock LA varmint contour for a project I am about to complete.

Now I jsut have to warm up the dremel:)