Question on ONX GPS chip

Gar Guru

About 7-8 months ago I bought a chip for my home state to put in my GPS and i also got the phone subscription. If I dont renew my service when it comes time will the chip in the GPS continue working or will it quit when my subscription expires?

Guru, I never had the subscription, but I've had the chip for 2 1/2 years. It still works perfectly in my GPS.

About 7-8 months ago I bought a chip for my home state to put in my GPS and i also got the phone subscription. If I dont renew my service when it comes time will the chip in the GPS continue working or will it quit when my subscription expires?
I have had the chip for over 7 years with no subscription and it works fine. I don't received updates for the names of property owners, but that isn't an important feature for me.

Yeah the chip will work. I would go onto onx every few years or so and update the chip. No so much for the trails and for navigating but for property and land updates if that is a feature you use a lot. I forgot how much it cost to update the chip, but I want to say more than $25 and less than $60?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.